News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

More talladega pics

Started by 70Sbird, November 04, 2009, 08:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70Sbird

I don't have PettyBird's camera, but here are a few pics nonetheless. I also took HD video but need to figure out how to post it so we all can see it:
Welcome to Alabama, and the rain quit!

Scott Faulkner

70Sbird

Saturday at the speedway museum, wet and lots of red clay!
Waynes purple Daytona here, Corn dog's first project (formerly blue and red Bird), and a nice Q5 Daytona:

Scott Faulkner

70Sbird

Here is PettyBird and I gassing up on Halloween, a foggy trip to the track, Dave K, and NitroMetal after an Alabama emergency room visit!

Scott Faulkner

70Sbird

Our freinds from NZ, 3 Red 500's, and a few Rear view mirror pics

Scott Faulkner

slamooo

Dave, was smoky getting ready to pull you over? :patrol: :patrol: :police:

70Sbird

More mirror pics, turn 4 and myself!

Scott Faulkner

70Sbird

Sunday at the track

Scott Faulkner

70Sbird

awsome pic of a lime superbird from Central Il, the NZ Daytona , and a few pics leaving for home of 69_500 and KISMGBY

Scott Faulkner

70Sbird

Last 4 pics heading for Home on Sunday:
Pettybird heading for Ohio, Another pit stop, Kismgby, doing what she does best: sucking gas and hauling A**, and the last stop where my 'Bird got to see it's friends before heading North on 24 at Nashville!
Great trip, I can't wait until 2014!

Scott Faulkner

70Sbird

Quote from: slamooo on November 04, 2009, 09:06:43 PM

smokey was all over Dave, but it was the other "Track" Smokey!

Scott Faulkner

redrider

is the talladaga parade lap strictly for aero cars or is any

pettybird

Quote from: redrider on November 04, 2009, 10:14:41 PM

well, funny you should ask.  MOST of us would tell you we weren't happy with non-aero cars on the track.  enthusiasm aside, this is a celebration of five cars, and not their cousins and brothers.  I welcome anyone at any meet regardless of what they drive, but I really thought those who brought non-aero cars should have found track rides and left their cars at the hotels.  I'm not happy about other cars in the panoramic picture, either, especially since they were scattered in the group.  maybe if they'd parked in the back or something, but we're behind a '69 road runner and a '68 coronet convertible in the pic. 

again, show up in what you have and have a good time, but I would have been much happier if those without aero cars would have stayed out of the picture and off the track. 

/soapbox

pettybird

and hey that road runner looks mighty familiar...

tan top

great pictures  :coolgleamA:  thanks for sharing :2thumbs: :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Dave Kanofsky

Hey 'cuz!
Someone must have phoned ahead!  By the way, I didn't stop for the school bus either! (note the sign)

Scott - GREAT pic's, thanks for sharing.  I'm eager to see the video too.

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

70Sbird

Quote from: pettybird on November 05, 2009, 12:35:18 AM
and hey that road runner looks mighty familiar...

He's the wing car version of the Traveling Gnome!

Scott Faulkner

pettybird

Quote from: 70Sbird on November 04, 2009, 09:31:20 PM

smokey was all over Dave, but it was the other "Track" Smokey!

I just looked at it again...is that the cowboy from the Village People along with Hitler the dancing bear?

69_500

If you having any problem with the video feel free to send it over and I"ll see about getting it posted. I am having a technical issue with 2 of the video clips I shot down there though. Seems that I might have switched something on the camera for 2 of the clips and I'm having a heck of a time getting them downloaded. However other than that the video and photo's I took turned out pretty nicely.  I'm just too lazy to make a flickr account and post them all. Then again not many would want to sort through the 1,900 photo's mainly just of details on cars. Not a whole lot of photo's of groups of cars or individual cars in my photo's. Mainly just screws, bolts, fenders, engines, and such.

FJ5WING

Quote from: pettybird on November 05, 2009, 12:34:43 AM
Quote from: redrider on November 04, 2009, 10:14:41 PM

well, funny you should ask.  MOST of us would tell you we weren't happy with non-aero cars on the track.  enthusiasm aside, this is a celebration of five cars, and not their cousins and brothers.  I welcome anyone at any meet regardless of what they drive, but I really thought those who brought non-aero cars should have found track rides and left their cars at the hotels.  I'm not happy about other cars in the panoramic picture, either, especially since they were scattered in the group.  maybe if they'd parked in the back or something, but we're behind a '69 road runner and a '68 coronet convertible in the pic. 

again, show up in what you have and have a good time, but I would have been much happier if those without aero cars would have stayed out of the picture and off the track. 

/soapbox

I was led to believe that only the aero cars would be on the parade lap!

I completely understand your frustration. This was an aero car reunion correct? there are enough national events for the "other" cars to attend.  :shruggy:
wingless now, but still around.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: 69_500 on November 05, 2009, 04:32:46 PM
Then again not many would want to sort through the 1,900 photo's mainly just of details on cars. Not a whole lot of photo's of groups of cars or individual cars in my photo's. Mainly just screws, bolts, fenders, engines, and such.

Another Sick Puppy!  :cheers:

69_500

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 05, 2009, 05:57:18 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on November 05, 2009, 04:32:46 PM
Then again not many would want to sort through the 1,900 photo's mainly just of details on cars. Not a whole lot of photo's of groups of cars or individual cars in my photo's. Mainly just screws, bolts, fenders, engines, and such.

Another Sick Puppy!  :cheers:

Figured you already knew how sick I was Jim. It was nice meeting you down there. We tried to get a hold of you on Sunday to see if you wanted to ride in my car or Troy's to do the parade lap.

maxwellwedge

I had more than an inkling..... :icon_smile_big:

The cell coverage in the infield stunk for me - I tried Troy, Tim W. etc to no avail. At least I got to see everyone go by while I was standing on the track just before the Start/Finish line - That was pretty darn cool!

nitrometal

Question about photos....did anyone take photos of the Halloween costumes?  My wife wants to see how the Petty racing uniform that she made for me came out.  I stupidly didn't have someone use my camera to snap a shot although I know that I posed for several other people.  I'll post this in the other Talladega threads to see if anyone has one.
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

WINGR

Quote from: nitrometal on November 09, 2009, 06:08:00 PM
Question about photos....did anyone take photos of the Halloween costumes?  My wife wants to see how the Petty racing uniform that she made for me came out.  I stupidly didn't have someone use my camera to snap a shot although I know that I posed for several other people.  I'll post this in the other Talladega threads to see if anyone has one.

I took a couple out in the parking area of Tim's museum, pm me your email address and I can send them to you. They are not perfect because it was at night but still viewable. One of them is you standing by your car.

WINGR/Steve