News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Say goodby to Chrysler. It is for the most part Fiat North America as of 2012.

Started by TruckDriver, November 08, 2009, 11:54:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

Sounds like after 2013, everything will be Fiat platformed including the Jeep and vans (although, the vans were dead a long time now). "Jeep's small SUVs will use Fiat-supplied platforms starting in 2013, Jeep brand CEO Mike Manley said on Wednesday. Jeep will eliminate the Patriot and Compass crossovers after 2012 and replace them with a single C-segment vehicle whose platform will originate with Fiat Group. Jeep also will introduce a B-segment small SUV in 2013 with a Fiat platform. And starting in 2013, the Liberty crossover will have a Fiat platform. The Jeep Wrangler also will undergo a "major modification" in 2011, Manley said." Dodge truck will be cut off and the name changed from Dodge to just RAM trucks. and the Dakota will be killed in 2011 "Diaz said that Ram Trucks plans to cease production of the light-duty Dodge Dakota pickup in 2011 and that it tentatively plans to replace it with a new uni-body midsize truck in 2011." "Chrysler executives said yesterday they will slice truck products off from the rest of the Dodge lineup, placing them into a new separate division. Ralph Gillies, Dodge president & CEO, said during the six-hour press briefing that the Ram Trucks brand will be distinct from the Dodge brand, which will focus on "lifestyles."" "It's unclear whether the truck's current diesel engine would be retained for the U.S. market, or whether Chrysler will follow Ford's lead and replace it with a small gasoline engine." "By 2014, it said it will have replaced almost three-quarters of Chrysler's current engine lineup for this segment."

Read more here if you can stomich it http://fleetowner.com/management/news/chrysler-fiat-commercial-vans-1105/

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20091105/CARNEWS/911059998

Welcome to the "New" Dodge van
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

70charginglizard

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on November 08, 2009, 11:54:36 AM
and the Dakota will be killed in 2011

no more dakota! man that sucks. Although it doesnt suprise me with the latest body change they did on it a few years back. The germans set it up for failure on that one thats for sure. Took a great looking body design and totally ruined it. No offence to you newer dakota owners. I just dont like it. Too boxy for my tastes.

On well. I still have my 98 and I aint getting rid of it thats for sure. :yesnod:
70charginglizard

Ghoste

It isn't just platforms, it's drivetrains as well.  I have seen some documents that show Chrysler as being "Fiatized" in their engines as quickly as possible.  Expect to see a rapid downsizing in available displacements and lots of diesel technology in the showrooms in short order.  Chrysler is also to be placed as the "center of competence for hybrids and electrification".
If we had any misconceptions about what remained of the old Chrysler Corp. after the German pillage and loot, the Italian Marshal Plan should leave no doubt that it's a brave new world.
I do see that they plan to retain the Challenger nameplate beyond 2012 but it will get a "refresh" in 2011.  The question is, how fresh?

TruckDriver

I agree with you Kelly. I like the first 3 body styles of the Dakota, but after that, yuk. Depending what happens this spring, I'm leaning towards new fenders for my Dakota to keep it looking good.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Silver R/T

Quote from: 70charginglizard on November 08, 2009, 12:03:20 PM
Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on November 08, 2009, 11:54:36 AM
and the Dakota will be killed in 2011

no more dakota! man that sucks. Although it doesnt suprise me with the latest body change they did on it a few years back. The germans set it up for failure on that one thats for sure. Took a great looking body design and totally ruined it. No offence to you newer dakota owners. I just dont like it. Too boxy for my tastes.

On well. I still have my 98 and I aint getting rid of it thats for sure. :yesnod:

agree, Rams that body style are ulgy too imo
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

captnsim

I don't give a crap what happens to Ma Mopar. (sorry) I've got the rigs I want they made. ( My M37 and Charger)
They can keep all there fat, potato styled, pinball dashed, moron mobiles there making. I'm all set, and have been for decades.    

TruckDriver

Quote from: captnsim on November 08, 2009, 03:43:33 PM
I don't give a crap what happens to Ma Mopar. (sorry) I've got the rigs I want they made. ( My M37 and Charger)
They can keep all there fat, potato styled, pinball dashed, moron mobiles there making. I'm all set, and have been for decades.    

I gotta agree with you too to a point. It's sad to think that all the american cars are now all imported or foreign for the most part. But on the other hand I don't care anymore. I'll never buy a new Mopar anyway. I never been a one brand of car guy anyway. I like a little of everything. I even been getting into BMW's for a while now.
PETE

Silver R/T

It costs too much $$ to buy a new car nowadays imo. Unless you're making good money, average American can't afford car payment/insurance/maintenance/depreciation on a new car. I've always had used cars and it's much cheaper for me to fix something when it breaks rather than having a new car which will break in sometime in future.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

70charginglizard

Quote from: Silver R/T on November 08, 2009, 08:15:25 PM
It costs too much $$ to buy a new car nowadays imo. Unless you're making good money, average American can't afford car payment/insurance/maintenance/depreciation on a new car. I've always had used cars and it's much cheaper for me to fix something when it breaks rather than having a new car which will break in sometime in future.

I agree. My vehicles have always been owned by someone before me. newest one I've ever had has been my 04 Stratus and it had a little under 50000 on it before I got it too. I dont see myself ever driving a brand new car off the lot. It just aint in the cards for me. I'm a middle class workin man. Always have been always well be.
70charginglizard

TruckDriver

Quote from: Silver R/T on November 08, 2009, 08:15:25 PM

I agree with you too 100%.
PETE

Ghoste

bull

Quote from: Ghoste on November 08, 2009, 09:17:02 PM
It's still sad to see them go.

It is, but then they've been gone for a while now IMO. Since around 2004.

stripedelete

Next up? Look for: "BTW, we will need another $20 billion to execute the plan."