News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Talladega Experience.

Started by jonw29, November 02, 2009, 02:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonw29

I would like to thanks Pettybird,Corndog and Doug White.My whole family met some great people.Also Tim and Pam for opening their doors to us and Doug W for letting my son and I ride in his "SUPER" Superbird on the Parade lap.My son's quote was "This is the best day of my life."Thanks to all.JW

moparstuart

the mopar / aero wing family are great people .  Any pictures ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

jonw29

Yeah I do.I am going to try to post some tonight.JW

pettybird

nice to meet you as well--

we're home safe and the bird had NO problems--a good time and worry free.  heck--I only had to work on two cars, too!

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on November 02, 2009, 03:14:55 PM
nice to meet you as well--

we're home safe and the bird had NO problems--a good time and worry free.  heck--I only had to work on two cars, too!
good to hear the tackle box got some exercise  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: now go finish up marty
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

3--Daytona

Petty Bird,, You are a good man. Thanks for fixing my alternator,my battery was getting pretty weak. So was mine by the time wegot home about mid-nite.       jim       3--daytona

70Sbird

I made it home last night as well with no issues either!  :2thumbs:
The only time I even had to touch anything under the hood was to add a quart of oil at my last gas stop before home. 1,700 miles, 128 gallons of Gas (13.1 mpg average!) and five days driving around in a 40 year old car reconnecting with old friends, and making new ones - Truly Priceless!
I will transfer pictures tonight and post some then. I also have to get the video I took of the track figured out.

Scott Faulkner

pettybird

Quote from: 3--Daytona on November 03, 2009, 08:41:38 AM
Petty Bird,, You are a good man. Thanks for fixing my alternator,my battery was getting pretty weak. So was mine by the time wegot home about mid-nite.       jim       3--daytona

Any time, my friend.  I'm surprised you were as awake as you were after arriving so late, as well! 

I just started to upload my pics to flickr...989 of them going up.  I'd rather have them up early than spend a week sorting them out.

Dave Kanofsky

It was great to spend time with you all.  I also made it home with no troubles.

What is the best free site for hosting pictures? 
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

70Sbird

Dave,
Thanks again for the tip on the Airport exit. Joann, Danny and I made it out with relative ease!
:coolgleamA:

Scott Faulkner

Mopar John

It was great to see everyone again! Linda and I made it home last night with no problems also.
Mopar John

hemi68charger

Hi ya'll..
Didn't think anything could top '04, but boy-oh-boy, did it ever...... Marcel and I made it home without a hitch and I'm glad we left on Monday morn.. I want to say it was great to see past friends and meet new friends....

Thanks to Marcel, Danny, Jimbo, Dave K, Steve & Chuck, Scott, Phil (Petty), Al, Carol, Brian, Debbie, Jerry & Jim M., Carol and Doug, Ken & Marvin, John, Doug (S), Tim & Pam and a plethora of other fine people along the way (just to name a few).

Cheers,
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

pettybird

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on November 03, 2009, 12:58:12 PM
It was great to spend time with you all.  I also made it home with no troubles.

What is the best free site for hosting pictures? 

I use flickr.  there is a free portion where they allow you to upload a certain number of pictures at a low res for free, or do like I do and spend the 30 bucks a year to warehouse my pics.  I have over 7,000 of them up there. 

glad to see you there, too! 

nascarxx29

I searched Talladega 2009 on Flicker and few other sites . And seen alot of the aero meet in petty birds album :2thumbs:
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Kismgby

We made it home picking up and dropping Aero cars along the way without incident.

Had to bypass the neutral safety switch THREE times to start the beast.   :2thumbs:  My uncle was telling me how he wouldn't tolerate having to pop the hood to start a car.  I had to tell him that three screwdriver starts was considered a NO flaw trip for me!   

We had a great time catching up with those who live too far to see on a more regular basis.  Many thanks to those who took extra passengers for me.  Everyone was beaming when they met after the track lap.  You guys are all the best! 

69_500

Glad to hear that you made it home. I only had one incident with the car not wanting to start. First time it has ever happened actually so now I have to try to diagnose it without it doing it again. The last time I filled up I had no problem getting it started, but for some reason it was not even cranking there in Nashville when I filled up.

Mr Bigblock

I was at the Talladega show on Saturday with my son and brother that was awesome to bad it started raining. The cars were out of this world, makes me want to get started on a clone. I would love to get the link or address were i can purchase a panarmic pic. Maybe at the next meet i can get my 69 Charger RT down their if it is allowed in the show, I just missed the cars on the track was walking to my seat.