News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Barrett Jackson

Started by Landonsrt, October 10, 2009, 10:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lexxman

I was wondering that,I only saw the GL.And that was a different gGL then last year.Why  is there rarely any charger up for auction?Is it that know one what to get rid of them or what. :shruggy:

Charger440RDN

Quote from: lexxman on October 13, 2009, 09:28:38 PM
I was wondering that,I only saw the GL.And that was a different gGL then last year.Why  is there rarely any charger up for auction?Is it that know one what to get rid of them or what. :shruggy:

I was wondering about the small number of Chargers at these auctions too. I guess it's a good thing you don't see Chargers selling for $300,000 on a regular basis, it gives people with regular incomes a chance to own one.  :lol:

charger_cody

I honestly think its because people ussually rebuild the cars to sell on there and other cars sell a bit easier. Like a cuda or chally or a-bodies and e-bodies.

Cody

Mikesmoparperformance

What so real about it yes the owner is john schneider it self,  yes it a has hemi but it just a 69 charger
not worth 230.000 dollar or 500.000!!! :brickwall:
If it was a Daytona oke Hemi cuda Oke
But this no way. :brickwall:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

lexxman

Ya,I don't know,Id maybe spend that kind of money if my bank account was as big as some of the bidder.

hemi-hampton

Yeah, I remember that Hemicuda drag car guy from Michigan trying to back out. For some reason he thought that since the Super rare 70 Chevelle LS-6 Convertible drag car got over a Million that his car should of too, NOT. :brickwall: :shruggy:  LEON.

TUFCAT

Barret Jackson just "Out Lawyered" the doctor from Michigan.....it doesn't mean he was in the wrong. BJ has an on-staff legal group, which are likely so well greased, that they are in the "back pockets" of all the judges in Scottsdale. You would be a fool to go up against their in house legal council on anything!

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 41husk on October 11, 2009, 08:08:22 PM
I wonder how many of the GL owners on this site woukd let Schnieder stand on there car or slide in the window and hop back out? :scratchchin:

I would if I had a General Lee......then again, only slide in the window. Standing on the car is a :nono:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Bill Howell on October 12, 2009, 03:16:51 PM
Quote from: 451-74Charger on October 12, 2009, 09:37:12 AM
My Questions,
They say these cars no longer have a reserve, but I am sure there is a "soft minimum" that the seller can set.
Anyone know for sure?
What happens if a seller backs out because the car isnt making the $$$, is that an option before the hammer falls?

Having gone to all the big auction houses, this is the only one I feel is above board. The others play games with reserves, shill bids, etc. I know for a fact that if you as a seller shill bid at BJ, and they know it, you will be asked not to come back.

You are kidding right? Good One!  :rofl:

Landonsrt

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on October 16, 2009, 06:21:47 PM
Quote from: 41husk on October 11, 2009, 08:08:22 PM
I wonder how many of the GL owners on this site woukd let Schnieder stand on there car or slide in the window and hop back out? :scratchchin:

I would if I had a General Lee......then again, only slide in the window. Standing on the car is a :nono:

Well, at least he took his shoes off.

Ghoste

Quote from: Bill Howell on October 12, 2009, 03:16:51 PM
Having gone to all the big auction houses, this is the only one I feel is above board. The others play games with reserves, shill bids, etc. I know for a fact that if you as a seller shill bid at BJ, and they know it, you will be asked not to come back.

If you feel B-J is the only one that is above board and they don't play shill games, you haven't been paying attention.  As an employee of one of Craig Jacksons competitors I will openly admit my personal bias but I would also offer that having spent some years now traipsing around car auctions and attending several of the other guys shows as well, that I have gained a little insight to the goings on myself and the Barrett-Jackson reality circus isn't up for sainthood. :icon_smile_wink: :Twocents: