News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone use these guys?

Started by motorcitydak, October 25, 2009, 02:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

motorcitydak

I need some parts for my car and they are local to me. They told me they are a mail order only deal but will deliver to me for free since I am so close. Just want to know if anyone has used their parts. I need a sail panel, but theirs are way to expensive, even compared to year one. Anyway, http://www.body-panel.com/results.asp?year=1968&make=Dodge&model=Charger&pagenum=1 They have 1/4 skins for my car for $257 a side, I need both sides, am just worried about their quality. I figure its no big deal if the floors are not the best since they will be hidden completely, but I cannot have bad body panels
96 Dakota, custom everything 4x4, 5.7 HEMI
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]

69DodgeCharger

There is an old saying. You get what you pay for.
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

captnsim

I've never used them...But looking at some of the pics, the parts look to be of real low quality. I bet you would have major issues getting things to line up and fit nice.

69DodgeCharger

I don't know what AMD quarters cost but I bet you'd have more than the difference dollar wise wrapped up in those trying to get them to fit. I am guessing they are thin and flimsy too. But I've never used either so it's just opinion.
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

Charger440RDN

I would save up and spend the extra money for AMD parts, based on the reputation they have with people on this forum that have used them.

From what everyone says the AMD stuff is just as thick as the factory metal.  :Twocents:

rt green

does AMD sell those quarter corners?
third string oil changer

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: rt green on October 25, 2009, 01:52:04 PM
does AMD sell those quarter corners?

Are you asking about the valance corners? If so ,yes they do.....I used them on my Charger and the fit alot easier than the other ones out there.

As for the 1/4 skins. My opinion is that about all they are good for now is to cut patches out of for a car that doesnt need quarters.  the full quarters are available when you need the majority of the panel. The fit is good and they are less labor to install and mostly to finish out(body work).
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bull

If you want good stuff but also want to save some on shipping you might look into finding a local AMD supplier. Chances are there's a supplier near you that can cut you a deal on that end of it. Even someone who only carries Chevy stuff can order Charger parts through AMD.

motorcitydak

I pretty much figured that it would be some lousy parts. I found a local dealership that carries a ton of resto sheet metal that I will be getting in the next week or so. Ill be replacing the quarters and most of the floors with great quality parts from the dealership. Thanks guys
96 Dakota, custom everything 4x4, 5.7 HEMI
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]