News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

sr 295 cnc flow results

Started by oldschool, October 15, 2009, 04:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldschool

i had my sr,s flowed today. i had them checked because my 572-13,s did not flow as advertised. i bought theese from indy.
indy says they flow:
.200 I 162 E 121
.300 216 166
.400 274 205
.500 324 239
.600 351 260
.700 355 263

my shop had them flowed:
.100 I 77.6 E 61.6
.200 150.7 116.8
.300 213.5 154.2
.400 274.5 185
.500 320 211.3
.600 350 230.5
.700 367 244.8
.800 365 254.3
theese were with a 6"x2" pipe and radiused clay on the intake port.
the intakes were very close,the exhaust down about 10 cfm.i was suprised because my 572-13,s were way off.they only flowed 388 @.800.down about 15-20 cfm from advertised.
so i guess 295 cc runners with 15*valve angle flow within 20 cfm of 365 cc with 13* valve angle,and ALOT more $$$. i would say the sr,s are a good deal.....
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

firefighter3931

The Indy CNC program for their heads is excellent. When you order a CNC head the casting is not the same as the standard (non ported) head....there is a difference in the cores. The port shape is different when comparing the two....the CNC version is not only bigger, it looks and flows much better.  :2thumbs:

The SR's are excellent heads and so are the EZ's....tons of potential !  :2thumbs:

Every application is different and each head casting has it's place. On a milder type build a smaller more efficient port is more desirable to build torque and midrange power. Velocity & air speed is where it's at for a dual purpose build that will see some street time.  :coolgleamA:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Challenger340

I re-doing a set of EZ Heads for a Guy right now. They are the 295 CNC's I believe ?
Nothing Fancy, going on a 500" Bracket deal, Flat Tappet, Yada yada.

I've had great success with the SR Intake Port, albeit, I did R & D, and reworked significantly.

I haven't Flowed these EZ Heads yet, but I'm curious how much was sacrificed by lowering the Exhaust Port vrs the SR ?
Should be Interesting.

:Twocents:
I'm NOT a Fan of INDY CNC stuff.
Looks good, but doesn't Flow "right" IMO.

Anybody Wet-Flowing where you are Brian ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Challenger340

I'm bored today and the Wife went shopping, so I thought I'd post some Pics.

INDY EZ Head "Cleanup" Job.

I like the Castings, but I sure hate the way they get delivered for "use".

These ones were run by the Customer "as delivered" with very poor results, so now we "clean up" and re-prep. Should be interesting to re-Dyno.

As dis=assembled;

Might as well "GET STARTED" !!

Final Cleanup & Prep.
Nuthin Fancy, 500" Brackets.

[/img]

Challenger340

OK,
Whahappin ?
All I see are little red "X"'s  ?????

Challenger340

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Challenger340

firefighter3931

Those look awesome Bob !  :2thumbs:

Any flow numbers....how much did they improve with the massaging ?   :scratchchin:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

BBKNARF

I'm thinking of using Indy heads in the near future witch one do you guys recommend for street and strip I'm aiming for 10.80 ET. (Big Block) Thanks
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

oldschool

Quote from: Challenger340 on October 24, 2009, 11:46:30 AM
I'm bored today and the Wife went shopping, so I thought I'd post some Pics.

INDY EZ Head "Cleanup" Job.

I like the Castings, but I sure hate the way they get delivered for "use".

These ones were run by the Customer "as delivered" with very poor results, so now we "clean up" and re-prep. Should be interesting to re-Dyno.

As dis=assembled;

Might as well "GET STARTED" !!

Final Cleanup & Prep.
Nuthin Fancy, 500" Brackets.

[/img]
bob i have 3 sets of sr cnc 295 heads.none of them look like theese.it almost looks like they just cnc port matched to max wedge size. i was told the cnc castings were differnt than regular castings. my castings have cnc cut marks thru the whole port,and all of the chamber.they are pretty nice.
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

Challenger340

Quote from: firefighter3931 on October 24, 2009, 02:52:55 PM
Those look awesome Bob !  :2thumbs:

Any flow numbers....how much did they improve with the massaging ?   :scratchchin:

Ron

I can't even be bothered Flowing on these ones Ron, I haven't changed anything really in the port, just "cleaned" because I can't stand them leaving the way they were !
Plus, it's kind of a Political thing, but I'm not really even charging to cleanup/valve grind.

I'm NOT an INDY dealer anymore, this is part of the reason.
When ya sell the stuff, and it gets delivered like "this", how the heck do ya let it leave YOUR SHOP like that ?
ANSWER; ya can't !
So you end up bringing stuff up to where your "Happy", for peanuts, to look after the Customer !

Far better for me if "they" buy it elsewhere on their own,
THEN,
I can get paid to Fix ! Know what I mean here ?

Anyways, enough "dead time", I'll "see" on the Dyno (where I get paid).

Challenger340

bob i have 3 sets of sr cnc 295 heads.none of them look like theese.it almost looks like they just cnc port matched to max wedge size. i was told the cnc castings were differnt than regular castings. my castings have cnc cut marks thru the whole port,and all of the chamber.they are pretty nice.

Yeah Brian, I think your right. The dedicated for CNC Castings are thicker ?
and ,
"those ones" with the full CNC program are Beautiful  :2thumbs:

YOURS are Certainly NOT apples to apples compared to these "lumps".

How are the Valve Seats on yours ?
Concentric ?
INDY doing better "seats" on those ?

I've been going back in, and "touching up" with stones after the VGS20, "archaic" I know,
BUT,
NOTHING, matches the Old Fashioned "Stone Age" for concentricity, CONSISTENTLY  !

After the Stones, I have an Foam abrasive attachment that goes in and "rounds off" those sharp Seat Angles, shown in the Photo.
It's my final during assembly & re-lap.
Silly I know !
But I find it's actually faster/more concentric, after the VGS cut, to go to this method, than re-centering with the VGS, on EVERY guide, to get the same levels.

ANYBODY tells you a VGS, or a SERDI, will stay concentric on all guides, "live or dead" pilot, with only setup on "1", is LYING ! IMO.

Just my  :Twocents: