News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

time delay relay for ac on a 69

Started by oldsnofear, June 15, 2007, 11:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldsnofear

Hey just puting my dash back in and i have a 2 wire  harness both exposed females my repair manual shows a time delay relay. does any one know where it is or what it is supposed to look like please help thanks

gtx6970

There should be a connector on the bottom of the heater box that is attached to the water control valve on the firewall.
Its just to the right of the center console / trans tunnel.

I'm pretty sure it's only purpose is the cycle the A/C comprosser for like 20 seconds during winter months to circulate lubricant in the system

Ghoste

There's also a time delay relay for the light above the ignition switch.

oldsnofear

mopar0166

that makes sense,  since i took out my heat/ac unit to be rebuilt i have had some werid electrical issues... this maybe one of the cuases,  anyone have any good guidance on this?   dash lamps ether stay on all the time or dont turn on??//??

John_Kunkel

The purpose of the time delay relay is to energize the compressor for a few minutes when Heat or Defrost is selected, this prevents the windshield from fogging up due to the warm air hitting the cold glass.

In '70 they got smart and just run the compressor continuously in the Defrost mode to dehumidify the windshield (and the whole interior).
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

baullz

Just got done taken everything out of my 69 a couple weeks ago and here are a couple pics of the AC time delay relay, that is attached to the bottom of the blower box with two screws

Heres one of where it attaches to the bottom of the blower box:

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Chatt69chgr

I wonder if anyone sells that time delay relay that attaches under the heater case----factory or aftermarket?

autodynamics

Quote from: Ghoste on June 17, 2007, 12:56:14 AM
where is this relay harness located?

68r/t

Quote from: autodynamics on October 01, 2009, 11:33:11 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on June 17, 2007, 12:56:14 AM
where is this relay harness located?
It is under the A/C heater box on the right hand side facing the floor.