News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ATV advice needed......

Started by JPL, October 11, 2011, 08:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPL

Living in the Northeast poses some snow issues from time to time, along with broken snowblower issues from time to time, so I came to the conclusion that I want an ATV. I figured why get another snowblower when I can do more, and have more fun with a quad, so I narrowed it down to a few specs:

1. 4x4

2. Feul Injected

3. 400cc or higher

4. Reverse

5. Automatic preferred

6. Winch & plow preferred

6. Price is up in the air, $2-3k used, $5k new

Anything I should look out for? Anything I missed? Any brands to avoid?

jar1292

any thing honda you will be pleased. im not sure whats new out there but honda is the only way i go :Twocents:
Restoring a charger is like a saying I heard along time ago "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it".... Jesus I wish I could remember who said that...

xpbprox

And kawasaki, the new KTMs, New yamahas
Honda is top notch for sure.
I wouldn't get anything below 450, it's a big jump from 400. All the workhorse quads are mostly over 400 anyways closer to 600-800+
If you want used I'd get a Honda, they have been quality since day 1. The other brands u mentioned didn't get good till just a few years ago. With the exception of Kawasaki, I like them, they have been good for a bit longer than than these other 2.
And as far a FI I don't know when they started selling it from the factory but
I think it's only been out for about 2-3 years??

RKCHARGER

I have a Polaris Sportsman for plowing snow!  Love that it's an automatic, no shifting is handy for plowing snow.

chargermike

polaris sportmans are best quads bar none. i have ridden quads here in the rockies for years. ploaris is the best and very depenable. simple and powerful. there great in the snow with a plow or just having fun. never had a problem with any that i ever had. and i beat on them all. never was left standed anywhere. and there MADE IN AMERICA by a american company. CHARLIE DONT QUAD. keep it american :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Charger-Bodie

I have a 750 brute force 4x4 Kaw. I live it alot. Lots of torque.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Budnicks

For a work horse & combined toy I would go with the Polaris for sure, 4x4, reverse, water cooled, high ground clearances, large fuel capacity, fast & durable, easily update-able & easy to lift & put larger wheels & tires for mud or snow etc. & still have plenty of power... I have had several Quads, Honda's 250r's, Yamaha Banshee's & Warriors, my friends always had the big 750+cc Kawi's & Polaris's that we could use year round, summer heat, rain, winter snow, hunting or cruising you name it, mine were more for hauling a$$...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

68blue

Still use my Honda 300 and 450 every week, the 300 is 16 years old. Can't beat them for reliability.

hemi o

Honda all the way,own a 2009 420,4x4,heaps of torque,super reliable water cooled engine.
Polaris do not have that good of a name in New Zealand,although could be horses for courses,different conditions etc.

JPL

The best deal I have going right now, and I need to let the guy know by tomorrow, is a 2007 Honda Rancher liquid cooled 420cc 4x4 fuel injected, 20 hours, but looks like a rough 20 hrs, no instrumentation & a Warn winch, negotiated down to $2850.00.