News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Drum brakes with modern wheels-retarded?

Started by elanmars, October 08, 2009, 04:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elanmars

I haven't seen any of the pro touring or with modern wheel cars with drum brakes...which leads me to the question-if I were to get 17 and 18s, would it look stupid?

Do these pro-touring cars also convert the rear to discs?

I am getting discs for the front, I just don't know if I should go for the rear also for a better "look".
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

Blown70

Quote from: elanmars on October 08, 2009, 04:52:19 PM
I haven't seen any of the pro touring or with modern wheel cars with drum brakes...which leads me to the question-if I were to get 17 and 18s, would it look stupid?

Do these pro-touring cars also convert the rear to discs?

I am getting discs for the front, I just don't know if I should go for the rear also for a better "look".

The rear does not do all that much braking... however, just too me it does look better to have discs there :2thumbs:.... again my opinion and again unless you are really Road Course racing I dont know the advantage other than look.s.... just my thoughts.... you will hear others I am sure.

Rolling_Thunder

big wheels look stupid with drums behind them -    Rear discs are used on Pro-Touring cars simply for the "wow" factor - plus they look cool...     I have 4 wheel discs on my Charger - but am going with a significantly larger set up in the near future with 18" wheels
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

elanmars

that's what I figured it would look like (retarded) but i haven't seen pics, glad my assumption isn't wrong! the bigger wheels would be for looks only and didn't plan on making them obnoxious, just something more along the lines of mr. angry, norway charger and autodynamics. not taking it racing or have the funds to redo other things people do for their pro touring cars as far as underneath goes.

I should be getting it back sunday, done with body work and paint. I shaved the marker lights and had all the upper/windows trim painted black. Smoothed the bottom of the back fenders to the part below the back bumper for a cleaner look. Just wanted to go for a different look with the car and not necessarily stock, too many items missing and I'm concentrating the funds on comfort first-AC, sound system, seats, better shocks and I might just go for 15s for the tires until I can save up for discs, just had a baby girl so my money isn't just mine to play with anymore!

1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

bull

I think it looks retarded but it's borderline retarded to run drum brakes on the front anyway, safety-wise. :shruggy: