News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

BEWARE!!!! Scammer on craiglist and my charger!

Started by resq302, October 03, 2009, 07:47:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

Just a reminder out there to everyone to be careful about craigslist.  Someone just alerted me asking if I had my car for sale for a rediculous price.  Sure enough, I found MY CHARGER on craiglist with a price tag of $15,000.  I don't know whether to be insulted for their asking price or scared cause someone stole my pic and is using it fraudulently.  Whats worse yet is that the town they have listed is about 20 mins away from me.  The only way that I will probably sell this car is if someone prys the title and keys out from my cold dead hands or Moparjohn trades me even up for his sunroof charger.   :icon_smile_big: Yes, John, I know.... wishful thinking.

Here is link to the scam!

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/1404117222.html
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

ACUDANUT

Notice the Jerk did not even leave a phone number or a e-mail address.  :yesnod:

jb666

What a jackass... That's the problem with CL. Even if he DID leave an email addy, it'll be bogus..

And now, even if you did click to email him through CL, you'll get some bogus response about sending $ to some third world country and waiting 30 days to clear..

resq302

Well, the good news is that as of this morning when I left for work, my charger was still inside the garage since I pass by it every time I leave the house.  Guess I will have to go home and do some anti-theft measures to the car just as a preventive measure.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

jb666

Quote from: resq302 on October 03, 2009, 09:19:55 AM
Well, the good news is that as of this morning when I left for work, my charger was still inside the garage since I pass by it every time I leave the house.  Guess I will have to go home and do some anti-theft measures to the car just as a preventive measure.
Smart thinking.. You can never be too safe in today's world. These scammers are pretty tricky..

Sit down there with a couple of your buddy's and chill out .. Smith & Wesson come to mind.

CB

Can't you use your sources to find out who is trying to break the law? :scratchchin:
Christian
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

charger_cody

Quote from: resq302 on October 03, 2009, 09:19:55 AM

The difference between me and you is i would contact the guy saying i have cash in hand and the only way i'll buy it is i want person to person. I would kick the shit out of him right then and there.

Cody

Hemidoug

Quote from: resq302 on October 03, 2009, 07:47:55 AM
Just a reminder out there to everyone to be careful about craigslist.  Someone just alerted me asking if I had my car for sale for a rediculous price.  Sure enough, I found MY CHARGER on craiglist with a price tag of $15,000.  I don't know whether to be insulted for their asking price or scared cause someone stole my pic and is using it fraudulently.  Whats worse yet is that the town they have listed is about 20 mins away from me.  The only way that I will probably sell this car is if someone prys the title and keys out from my cold dead hands or Moparjohn trades me even up for his sunroof charger.   :icon_smile_big: Yes, John, I know.... wishful thinking.

Here is link to the scam!

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/1404117222.html

Dude...lets make contact with him and pay him a little vist! Got any old golf clubs? I have a couple extra ones.....
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

resq302

Well, I emailed this scum and told him that I was about 30 mins from him and I had cash since I was looking to buy one "just like that".  Haven't gotten a response yet. 

Christian, as for using my "sources", well, if my job found out I was using them for personal gain or use, I'd probably be fired on the spot then I would really have to put the charger up for sale.
Brian

CB

Quote from: resq302 on October 03, 2009, 10:33:23 AM
Christian, as for using my "sources", well, if my job found out I was using them for personal gain or use, I'd probably be fired on the spot then I would really have to put the charger up for sale.

To exploit the ''sources'' to investigate this case, is nothing you can do, that I am aware of, Brian.
I meant if you know the right people who can take the right actions.
In your position, there must be a way or is it different in the States?
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

resq302

Only option that I have is to make a report with my local police in the town that I live.  Really, there would be no way to find the person who listed it unless my local pd pursues the issue with craigslist.  And honestly, since it seems to happen so often from what I am hearing, I doubt even if craigslist would do anything about it.

Bottom line is, car is still mine, its not for sale (unless someone wants to pay me a rediculous high price for it where I could buy a Daytona and something else), and that no one hopefully got screwed into paying this fool for the "fake car".  Although it would have been fun to mess with the guy if he does get back to me and maybe meet him and rough him up a bit.  But in reality, I doubt anything will ever come from this or that I will ever hear back from the guy.
Brian

RJS

Brian you caught me!!!  I was trying to sell your car to buy SNO-CONES!! :cheers:

472 R/T SE

Problem is someone gets scammed & the next time they see you out they'll demand you pay them back or worse yet hand over the car thinking you were the one they gave the money to.  :shruggy:

resq302

Quote from: RJS on October 03, 2009, 06:43:55 PM
Brian you caught me!!!  I was trying to sell your car to buy SNO-CONES!! :cheers:

buy sno-cones?  mine are always free!
Brian

71ChallengeHer

Brian, I hope you get this straightened out. It's a shame how dishonest some people can be. :rotz:

nakita7

Charger666

Man, that's kinda scary!!

Good thing you caught it!

resq302

Quote from: nakita7 on October 03, 2009, 10:51:08 PM
OK, I'll give you $16,000 for it... :icon_smile_big:

your offer sounds good, but you're missing one 0.    :smilielol:
Brian

jb666

Ok guys, I appreciate all of you trying to take the heat for me.. I advertised your car to try to pay for my BK-Build-over... I'm sorry. I'll list someone else's car that isn't paying attention.

:slap:

resq302

Quote from: jb666 on October 04, 2009, 09:25:27 AM
Ok guys, I appreciate all of you trying to take the heat for me.. I advertised your car to try to pay for my BK-Build-over... I'm sorry. I'll list someone else's car that isn't paying attention.

Sheesh, if you are that hard up for money, maybe I should start asking for dontations for you when I do my sno-cones.  $1 donation for every sno-cone.   :lol:
Brian

jb666

Quote from: resq302 on October 04, 2009, 09:33:13 AM
Quote from: jb666 on October 04, 2009, 09:25:27 AM

Sheesh, if you are that hard up for money, maybe I should start asking for dontations for you when I do my sno-cones.  $1 donation for every sno-cone.   :lol:

Thank you!!  :cheers: :cheers: It's all tax deductible.