News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The problem with the new Challenger.

Started by 71 Bee Man, November 25, 2005, 04:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

71 Bee Man

I noticed the comment about these "new" cars not being new at all. I suppose the inference is that they are just rehashing ideas from the past. This is perhaps true, but I guess what I would like from a car named Charger or Challenger is something that looks tough, and has performance to match.

Sure, it may be impractical, but I guess when people are looking at a vehicle named Charger or Challenger they aren't in it for economy, they're after an image.

The car can indeed be new, just have an image and performance to match. We can buy economical practical cars at any dealership - a Charger or Challenger are about something else. I would have really liked to have owned one of those prototype Chargers.
Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

tecmopar

I got this from a friend that works for Chrysler in design and production. According to what he's hearing around the office the new Challenger will be very, very close to the artist rendering. Reason being that they are finally paying attention to whats going on with the market for 2 door cars, like the new Mustang selling very well, their own Kompressor line, and Goodmark with their reproduction of the new, complete '69 camaro body, their body panels and plans to repro the '69 Mustang and '70 Cuda. Maybe the demand for the repro bodies made them realize that there is a market for complete NEW/OLD cars like this after all. He has also heard rumblings about the Charger being offered in a coupe. I know its just rumors (and he is a pretty good source) but We can always hope, can't we.