News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rebuilding Bendix calipers

Started by 69_500, August 30, 2009, 11:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

Anyone know where you  can pick up a rebuild kit for the bendix calipers for a 69 Charger? Swapping out the brake pads on the C500 this morning and noticed that I have a leak from the rubber's in the bendix caliper. Is there somewhere that sells a new set of rubbers for these?

I just need the rubber boots that go around the pistons  that push our against the back of  the brake pads. Can't think of the part number at this moment.

Would it be old part number 2808699 for the rebuild kit?

69_500

Thanks for the link John. I'll be picking that up, and I guess I'll put it on next weekend. Darn yet another weekend I don't get the car out.

How is the restoration of the Daytona coming along John?

johntpr

Coming along....I just sent you some pictures !

69_500

So I mailed the calipers off to a place to be rebuilt for me. With this being the quote on the phone the day I talked to them. "Turn around time is 3 days to 1 1/2 weeks, when we receive them we will look at them and give you a call with the estimate as soon as we receive the calipers."

So I mailed them in On September 9th. On September 15th I called just to make sure that they had received my brake calipers as I was begining to worry that they had been lost in the mail. Was told them that yes they had them, and would be calling me back the next day to give me the estimate on $$$ and time and that I should have them back in time to go to St. Louis. 2 days go by I have heard nothing so I call and leave a message with the secretary to get back with me with figures and time frame. This goes on for another week of me calling every day to get a time frame, and here is is now September 30th and they have not started on them and are still yanking my chain. Its starting to really piss me off.

I won't post the name of the company I used until the work is done, and I see how the work is. But they are really ticking me off with the lame excuses and total lack of communication.