News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Go-Wing On A General Lee?

Started by Lizey, September 20, 2009, 07:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizey

anyone know if this would look good or not?
anyone have a picture of it?
1977 Dodge Charger SE - Sold 4/18/15
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

Troy

I know it would look all wrong. The car is a 69 so, even in stock circles a wing is incorrect for the year. On a General, there was never one with a wing so why "recreate" a TV car so obviously wrong? Oh well, people make General Lees out of anything and of the ones that do use a 69 Charger about half aren't right any way (black interior, etc.) so do whatever you like.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Lizey

just wondering how it would look,
big fan of the wing personally just asking for some opinions
1977 Dodge Charger SE - Sold 4/18/15
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

CharcoalCharger

I'm not a fan of the go-wing on early B-bodies in general...let alone a General.  IMOA I think the wing looks great on some A-bodies (I have one on my Dart Sport) and some 3rd gen Chargers look good with a wing...not on 2nd gens at all.  I also saw a couple '69 Super Bees the other day with go-wings...did not like it.   :Twocents:

69bronzeT5

General Lee= :2thumbs:
Go-Wing= :2thumbs:

General Lee+ Go wing= :eek2: :badidea:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

bull

Mike DC

No strong opinion on this.  I wouldn't do it myself but I can think of plenty of worse looking things to try. 

If we're customizing a GL then I would be more inclined to mess with NASCAR-style stuff personally.  Like maybe an aluminum rear decklid lip spoiler for example. 

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Lizey on September 20, 2009, 07:57:35 PM
just wondering how it would look,
big fan of the wing personally just asking for some opinions
You'd be better off sticking a repro Daytona wing on there, there's a small, tiny , micro,nano, connection there.  Sort of.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

elacruze

Quote from: Lizey on September 20, 2009, 07:03:12 PM
anyone know if this would look good or not?
anyone have a picture of it?

Interesting. I wonder if Joe Dirt is a second cousin of the Duke boys?
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Hemidog

Charger440RDN

I know Mopars had wings first way back in the day but ricers have made me dislike any type of wing on a car. Here is an example. All I can say is WHY :icon_smile_question:  :brickwall:

4forty

step away from the wing!..........not on a 2nd gen anyway, 3rd OK

MoparManJim

Quote from: Charger440RDN on September 22, 2009, 02:49:47 PM
I know Mopars had wings first way back in the day but ricers have made me dislike any type of wing on a car. Here is an example. All I can say is WHY :icon_smile_question:  :brickwall:

Yea, I know what you mean, I loose to love looking at charger daytonas photos on like and all. But anymore I can't even look at a charger daytona because of the wing, anymore it just looks out of place even on the chargers  :icon_smile_dissapprove:. I guess it's from seeing all these rice cars with the ugly wings on that folks thinks looks cool when it doesn't at all but the only car that does look cool is the ta's with the factory wing.  :shruggy:

aussiemuscle

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 21, 2009, 07:41:02 PM
You'd be better off sticking a repro Daytona wing on there.
I agree  :smilielol:
i think the 69 charger doesn't really suit having a rear wing. possibly because of the way the rear deck doesn't end square but has a slight 'kickup', stopping the wing from being right at the trailing edge of the trunk. demonstrated by the colonel.

btw, colonel, i'm not knocking you. your car rocks!

Charger440RDN

Quote from: aussiemuscle on September 22, 2009, 05:50:07 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 21, 2009, 07:41:02 PM
You'd be better off sticking a repro Daytona wing on there.
I agree  :smilielol:
i think the 69 charger doesn't really suit having a rear wing. possibly because of the way the rear deck doesn't end square but has a slight 'kickup', stopping the wing from being right at the trailing edge of the trunk. demonstrated by the colonel.

btw, colonel, i'm not knocking you. your car rocks!

This looks good, the wing really blends in with the body lines.  :2thumbs:

bigred68

Personally, I would not "wing" a Charger. Doesn't look right to me. Colonel Does look good however :2thumbs: . Daytona's, of course look awsome  :2thumbs: !! But your every day run of the mill 2nd gen? Nope, no thank you.
I gotta tell you, I know a few General Lee owners very well, and I've been to a large General Lee/ Dukes thing in Conyors/Covington GA. and these guy's are obsessed (well, maybe not ALL General Lee owners are) with these cars looking correct. Correct for the T.V. series, (crap, which year, what episode of the T.V. series). Correct for the movie, (which movie, 2005, 2008?) Correct style of lettering for Georgia cars, for California cars, which year Cali car? (Valuzet, WB?). Correct style of push-bar that coincides with correct time frame of that car. The list is endless and putting a Go-wing on a Charger that not only ever came from the factory with one but many, many do not care for the look, or putting one a General Lee only invites criticism and a constant answering of questions from just about everyone you encounter. I think you'll get sick of the constant answering?  :Twocents:
In the end, its YOUR CAR do what ever you want with it!! :2thumbs: Have fun and enjoy it!!
:cheers: