News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 400 dual exhaust hookup from Accurate

Started by WH23G3G, September 24, 2009, 08:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

I mocked installed this dual exhaust kit I got from Accurate for my 73 400-4bbl Charger but it didn't come with any routing instructions. I see how the pipes go, but I think I may have the mufflers switched wrong. I know the center connection faces the rear, but I don't know how the offset connections face. Do they face closer to the outside or inside of the frame of the car? It looks like hell now because it's just hanging since the motor isn't in yet. So it might be in part because I do have it hooked up wrong. Anyone have the same kit installed so I can tell. 

carolina charger

I just installed mine from Pypes. Does it look similair?

WH23G3G

Mine doesn't have an X-pipe. It's straight to the manifolds just like originals even the diameter is the same 2.25". Mine also has the factory turndowns instead of the optional bazooka tips. I like it subtle like that. But I guess the mufflers would go the same orientation. I don't know what kind of mufflers they are. The guy said Hemi-type mufflers.

FLG

Exactaly as you see the pic is how it goes on the car if the car is placed so that the rear is what your looking at. The 2 "humps" sit above the rear end mufflers just ahead of that and x-pipe and finally to your headers or manifolds whatever you have.

WH23G3G

Yeah I just have factory pipes to HP manifolds. I found out when I was checking torques on suspension today that I just had one muffler facing the wrong side. Now it looks right. It's just mocked up right now until I install the engine.