News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

We scored! Hunting trip - Catskills region, NY State

Started by 4402tuff4u, November 30, 2005, 11:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4402tuff4u

These are photos of my friend's Dave 6 pointer and my 7 pointer scored on opening day Saturday the 19th of November in the southern tier of NY State. My 7 pointer had a nice rack but a small body. The 6 pointer had a large body but a mediocre rack. My uncle Clark was nice enough to help us drag the deer out of the woods with his Polaris. Saw plenty of deer before I saw the 7 pointer. Less deer out there to get hit by cars.

PS. I know that there are anti-hunters every where and this not the venue to get into a vivid discussions on the issue, but I just have to say that I'm no different than the person that goes to the grocery store to buy fish, chicken or beef. The only difference is that I kill the prey. Just had to say this because I saw a poor doe out of 14 road killed/hit deer I saw on my way upstate that had just been hit by a car. The poor thing was still alive trying to run on three compound fractured legs. If it was'nt for the bystander motorists and my "arrest-me" yellow truck that can probably be spotted from outer space, I would of done the humane thing with the 9 mm sig. That image stays on my mind. I don't hunt bear, lynx, coyotes or any other game because I dont plan to consume the meat. I only hunt what I plan to consume.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

67_Dodge_Charger

Shakey

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

BrianShaughnessy

Congrats.

I haven't heard any scores from rifle from the guys at work yet.  They got some during bow and we had chilli at work twice.     I almost bagged a 6 pt with my jeep last week tho.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Old Moparz

Never went hunting, but I have a few friends that go, & once in a while I can snag some venison from them. My wife likes it & will cook it, but the best way I've had it so far was smoked when I went camping a while back with some other friends. There is a friend of mine from college that goes hunting with his father up near Hunter Mt. where they have an old farm house on 80+ acres. I was up there once when it wasn't hunting season, & we just did some target shooting on his land. He said he sometimes goes hunting with his father, which I just can't help but laugh to myself. You have to picture the hunting scene with Joe Pesci in the movie "My Cousin Vinny" to get a good idea of what my friend is like. He's Italian, both his parents are from Italy, & he lives in Weschester, NY.   :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

andy74

i dont hunt myself,but i know quite a few people who do.since i live in the middle of deer freaking central,i see the need,as they are running all over the roads,and i see the collision work our body shop gets due to car/deer hits.

my father in law hunts all the time, but the only thing he seems to get is a cold-id rather fish,because i can drink beer!

Shakey

Co-worker sent me these pics.  The wolf was murdered last year and the rug was just finished.

4402tuff4u

Nice harvest of deer. Large body deer! that's got to be up in big wood country - gotta love the barn and deer hanging sight with your buddies sharing stories and a few cold ones with the Chargers on the next bay.... :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

By the way that's a nice bull! I was up in Maine hunting for deer a few years back and all I saw was moose everywhere! I did'nt have my camera then - oh well not as bad as a buddy of mine that forgot his bullets!!!
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"