News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

heater box resto....

Started by autodynamics, August 24, 2009, 10:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

autodynamics

i recently bought a new heater box from this guy Gordon. he's located in Oregon and has restored boxes in stock. hes sells a b-body a/c box for 465.00 included new heater core which alone is 250+, restored box painted and insulated, rebuilt vaccum diaphragm i will tell you guys how mine turned out....ohhh by the way he gives you $250.00 for your trade. his number is Gordon Peterson 541-913-5979....i took my box out since i had a rattle behind my firewall and heater box. i decieded to get a restored one in place of my old one and all the price quotes were a bit crazy.. mr heater box told me 875.00 and turn around time is december. this guy was reasonable also turn around 2 weeks price 650.00 http://moparheaterbox.com/contact.htm although some can be done cheaper... here a link to a restored box he's   http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270442607191&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

autodynamics

ok here's an update...the box that i was supposed to get from gordon Peterson has fallen through. the first box that he was supposed to send me had "fallen off the back of my pick up" bummer but he sounded confident and was going to get me another one and rebuild it and send that one out. anyways..... no good apparently he had a heart attack a week later..... still no box.... hmmm is this one big con? whatever it is i have since sent my box to mopar heater box restoration frank is who i spoke to.... let you know how that turn out.....Pete

bigred68

Pete, Thank you and please keep us posted. For the cost difference, I'd MUCH rather send my heater box out and recieve a new/rebuilt one in its place. All things being equal, this seems like a faar better deal than doing it myself with limited knowledge and tooling. IF you've found someone you can rely on, please keep us posted!! THESE ARE THE TYPES OF GREAT THINGS THIS SITE IS ALL ABOUT!!  :2thumbs:  (Well, this and the pics of the babes draped all over yours and Mikes Chargers!!  :coolgleamA:) I'll be sure my PM box is empty to accept any NSFW shots you may have.  :2thumbs:
:cheers:

autodynamics

the heater box actually is rather easy and mine was in great condition but with it out id rather have a fresh one installed and forget about it.....i will keep you guys posted....

Rolling_Thunder

Agreed - doing the boxes is not THAT difficult - I do them as well      :2thumbs:      As long as your box is complete it is easy - if there are missing parts or damage it get's more involved...        Hope it works out for ya Pete!   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

bmoparmofo

What all is there to restoring it and rebuilding the diaphram? I need to look at mine before going much further. I had friggin mice living in mine. ::)
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

autodynamics

i believe classic auto air has them available. but the guy im dealing with has them in stock also if you call tell him pete from autodynamics from the dodge charger forum.... http://moparheaterbox.com/contact.htm

autodynamics

ok fellas..... i've got the rebuilt heater box back.....first impression is real nice...was boxed very well..here are some pics.. keep in mind i did not want a concourse resto just a freshining up of my box. installed it today also.. i would recommend him moparheaterbox.com frank was who i delt with. the best is it took him about 8 days to do and back to me.... :drool5:

JohnnyBee

Thanks for posting. What dont you like about it?

autodynamics

i really cant say i dont like anything....gonna wait to get the car running to really give it a thumbs up, but i think its all good....Pete

autodynamics

OK...................................alert!!!!!!!

since i decided to restore my heater box i have learned allot about the people doing them.

let me get right to it... i recently found out that the first guy i sent Money to via paypal is a scammer... his name is john peterson/Gordon peterson these guys have post written all over the internet about how people have been taken   http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=30102.0  but fortunately i was made aware of these guys from frank @ www.moparheaterbox.com  frank told me these guys have a history of ripping people off. i don't know but today i received a refund via paypal since i had opened a claim.

as for frank i have nothing but good things to say about him very professional attention to detail quick turn around always returns your phone calls even called me on sunday to see how my box was.....in my opinion thumbs up all the way around here is his info  http://moparheaterbox.com/contact.HTML good guys alert!!!

give him a call does heater box resto steering column resto also......

bmoparmofo

69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383