News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone paint headers and does it work?

Started by greenpigs, August 28, 2009, 06:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenpigs

I got some headmans that need painted. I got some Vht paint and read the instructions but wonder about the curing steps. So anyone do it like instructed or am i just going to have to put up with rusty headers. I'll get ceramic coated next time.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

mopar0166

i used the 1500 degree stuff from advance it worked great still looks good after running all summer

gordo1968charger

68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

Musicman

I know a few folks who have used the High Temp Cast Blast with no complaints. :shruggy: No experience with it myself however.

firefighter3931

The Eastwood manifold paint is supposed to be awesome. I've seen headers that were 2 years since painted and they looked great.  :2thumbs: Easy to touch up too if you scratch them. Proper preperation is important ; sandblast and wipe down with acetone to remove oil/grease and use rubber gloves to prevent oils from your skin coming into contact with the raw metal. Apply in thin coats and allow to fully dry between applications.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

TexasStroker

I took some rough Super Comps and prepped and sprayed them...Believe I used VHT, if not it was grill paint...They held up surprisingly well...

Didn't get real long term bc I upgraded to some Jet Hots on the car, but while in service the painted headers held up!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!