News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger window aligning

Started by mark5858, January 30, 2010, 12:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark5858

Hey guys I'm new to the site and presently own a 69 Charger RTSE. The car is in the restoration process which leads me to my question. I was hoping that someone out there could tell me what the trick is in aligning the vent, door and quarter glass. Also, how does the regulator assist spring sit on the regulator (car has power windows), it looks like there are 2 ways to set it in. Thanks guys!

TylerCharger69

Well...once the doors are mounted and aligned.....Ive learned by trial and error to start the adjustments with the wing window, then the door window...then the quarter glass...someone may chime in with exact dimensions for the wing window and frame.  I just sort of "eyeballed" mine  As far as the spring.....id have to pull a panel to see how it goes...cant go by memory...do a search and there may be a picture of one somewhere

mark5858

Thanks for responding, I will try it and see how it goes.

mark5858

I finished aligning the charger glass today. I started by aligning the vent window and testing it with a dollar bill for wind noise and water leaks, then the door window-same way. The last was the quarter glass, I put it all the way up into the weatherstriping, closed the door and started aligning from that point, once again, with the dollar bill. It took me a while and was a pain in the ass! I want to thank you again for helping, ttys.
Mark

mike337

Mark,

Which way did you put the regulator assist spring in on the quarter glass regulators.  I have a 69 RTSE as well, and trying to make sure that I put mine in correctly.

Mike

mark5858

The tab at the end of the spring faces the ground, make sure you put some tension on it, you have to do it out of the car. I do want to mention that my friends cuda has the spring tab facing up, and it is a manual regulator. so I'm not sure what to make of it. Let me know how it works or if I can help in any way.
Thanks,
Mark

poppa

I'm pretty sure the spring is suppose help it go up.?.? Be careful with the spring install,it'll take a finger  off easy.
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

mark5858

yes keeping all 10 fingers would be a plus, lol. Thanks for the help
Mark