News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Want to help me save the 440? Need parts?

Started by cudaken, November 08, 2005, 06:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

OK, here the deal. I just got of the phone with Fedural Mogual Rep. Carl is happy to help with parts due to the missed marked Speed Pro Pistion. Said he cannot write a check but parts are no problem.

Only parts I need is bearings and maybe a set of rings. Having the block cleaned up my cost is around $400.00.

Just wondering if some of you guys might work with me on this. Tell me what you need and send me check so I can save this mess? Will also talk with the current machine shop and see if he will work with me as well.

He also looked up the spec for wall clearnces, only called for .00015? He also said that does not sound right. L22655F are forged pistons right? That is what a stock cast piston call's for.

Selling parts, Cuda Ken ???
I am back

Troy

What kind of parts? Pistons, rings, bearings, etc. or more?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

cudaken

Anything they sell Troy

Ken
I am back

firefighter3931

Well that's great news ! So if i understand this right, the parts will be donated to you to cover repair costs and you get to sell them to recover funds ? If that's the case, i'm in !   :icon_smile_big: Ken, how is the pricing on these parts....comparable to Summit racing ? I don't need anything right now but i'll have to buy stuff for the stroker build sooner or later...might as well be sooner.   :yesnod:

I guess you'll need part #'s to proceed. I'll start looking for those pn's and send you a PM.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

sharpspike

ken

can you post a link to the site you have to go thru.

cudaken

So far there is no link, all has been over the phone. While I was speaking with Carl the idea of hocking the stuff on the site never came to me.

Will call him, think I will drive the cost up a little. Not getting greed, well air fair for Neil, Machine work, time to install the F--king Mess, pull it out and Posting time ;D

Kidding a little, but $400.00 sounds a little cheap with there parts at cost. Need to check about shipping as well.

Will call J&J machne shop and see what Jack say's. I will give Fedual Mogel this, offering more than Dumb and Dumber shop did. I did say I blame the other shop more than them. Alos rattel the chain a little about going to court. Carl told me he has been to court 4 times and never lost, I have been to court 8 times and never lost. If it comes down to it I will file in IL, they have to have a Lawer in IL and will make what I am looking for seam cheap,

Will up date. Ron, Neil and other guys that know. These are forged pistons right? From what I have been told .00015 is way to tight right?

Ken
I am back

cudaken

So far there is no link, all has been over the phone. While I was speaking with Carl the idea of hocking the stuff on the site never came to me.

Will call him, think I will drive the cost up a little. Not getting greed, well air fair for Neil, Machine work, time to install the F--king Mess, pull it out and Posting time ;D

Kidding a little, but $400.00 sounds a little cheap with there parts at cost. Need to check about shipping as well.

Will call J&J machne shop and see what Jack say's. I will give Fedual Mogel this, offering more than Dumb and Dumber shop did. I did say I blame the other shop more than them. Alos rattel the chain a little about going to court. Carl told me he has been to court 4 times and never lost, I have been to court 8 times and never lost. If it comes down to it I will file in IL, they have to have a Lawer in IL and will make what I am looking for seam cheap,

Will up date. Ron, Neil and other guys that know. These are forged pistons right? From what I have been told .00015 is way to tight right?

Ken

Boy that was odd, showed Sharpspike posted it. Troy, site needs a check up from the neck up
I am back

cudaken

Still show Sharp posting, I have been hi jacked, help me Troy :icon_smile_approve:

Like I need another posting  :devil:

Not sure who I am now :icon_smile_approve:
I am back

cudaken

Tory , what the Chevy is going on? Well what is faces is getting some free postings. Think I have a Fedural Mogel spy here.  :icon_smile_big:

It is really Cuda Ken not what his faces :thumbs: Besides, I am sure his spelling is better than mine :icon_smile_approve:

Cuda Ken
I am back

cudaken

Sharpspike, you have 6 PM's, want me to read them for you? Troy, Neil, Chris

Sharpspike, I want my $7000.00 back and come get your Pices of shit 440 as well :icon_smile_big:

Cuda Ken, I think. Need another  :cheers:
I am back

cudaken

Is it me?

Will find out.

Confussed and Cuda Ken again I hope :icon_smile_approve:
I am back

cudaken

Yep, it is me again but I stilll want my $7000.00 back Sharpspike and get the 440 ;D

Dumb shit spent $7000.00 on a 440 that lasted 90 miles, or was that $6000.00?

Ken
I am back

sharpspike

cudaken

not sure what your talking about, but im not smart enough to hijack anything. and if i had $7000 id have a kick ass 440. ???

Ghoste

For a while last night, all of those posts by Ken were coming up under your username.

BrianShaughnessy

Ken,

If you find out you can get other brands for cheap - I'm looking for bargains on Diamond 440 + 030 10.5 's.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

cudaken

Brain, only thing I can get is what Fed makes and sell. Talked with Al, part owner of Al's automotive. I buy paint and body supplies from him. He knows some what of my problem and is willing to help. He contacting the Fed rep for details.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Chryco Psycho

generally .001 / 1" of bore so the pistons need .004 -.0045 clearance
I need a set of pistons or 2

cudaken

Will let you guys know here in the next day or so what will happen. Think I will push for some rings as well. With speed pro calling for .0015 piston clearnes, and my rings have been cut to fit J&J thinks the gaps will be to wide.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Rayzor

Hey Ken, I thought you were using the the 2266F pistons??? Might be I got it all wrong. In any case I have a set here in the box with the black moly coating on the sides. The tag calls for .001 minimum clearence. The  skirt size is 4.37875 and the sizing point is 3.35 from top of piston. This sounded a bit odd to me at the time so I had a chat with the tech guy at summit. He explained the numbers were correct. And to follow there recomendations.  He also said that not using the recomendation and sizing them any other way can cause problems as the moly coating on the side can give false clearences.  Just thought I would bring that to show and tell.

cudaken

Hey Ray, want a blower ;D

Yes, mine a L22665F as well, but there seems to be two verson's of them. Mine do not have the black coating and there is part of the problem. There site does not show that there are 2 kinds.

Here is a PIC after only 90 miles.

Ken
I am back

Rayzor

sure box it up and I will send you one of the 440s in the shop. Do you think it would tick off the mail man if I shoved a 440 in the mail box that says to cudaken......c.o.d  ;D

Chryco Psycho

the graphite coating is a recent addition to the Speed Pro pistons , so any older stock will not have it