News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So I go to order pizza... (need to vent)

Started by 69bronzeT5, August 15, 2009, 08:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

I've seen a lot of "venting" threads on here so it's my turn. I went to order pizza from my favorite pizza place. I noticed they don't take the calls at our local store anymore, they send the calls to the head office in Vancouver and they forward the order to the local store. Anyways, the first lady I spoke to, I gave her my phone number. Then I had to confirm our name. Then I had to confirm our address. Well she went to check that and I guess she pressed the wrong button because she hung up on me. So I phone back and talk to this guy and go through the same steps over again. Then he asks me to tell him the nearest major intersection, so I tell him. Then he takes the order. He says somebody will phone back within 5 minutes to tell us the approx. delivery time. So 5 minutes later, this woman named Amy phones. She asks me to spell the road name so I do. Here's how the next part of the conversation went.

"oh okay, that's why I couldn't find it, the only one that came up was "Corry Rd" where you're "Corey Rd"
"okay...".
"We can't delivery, it's out of the delivery range"
"Um, we always order from here and they always deliver"
"Well, that's impossible, it's out of the delivery zone. I phoned the lady at the store in your town and she said the same thing"

Of course now I'm starting to get pissed off because she's talking to me and acting like I'm dumb. So I go..

"Why do you think I phone you guys, because you deliver here!"
"Well, we don't deliver there. Do you want to come pick it up?"
"No." *click*

So yeah, needless to say, we're never ordering from them again...frickin' idiots :brickwall:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Forza

Shoulda told em you'd pick it up and let it sit there for a few hours

mauve66

pizza hut and dominos here do the same thing with the central call center, its frustrating :brickwall:

on a side note every time i ship a package back home to my dad in a little town in MO the shipping computer tells me his address doesn't exist in that town and he's lived there since 1972 dammit,
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Silver R/T

lol what a way to loose a customer. Do you eat a lot of pizza? I'd suggest Red Baron, best home cooked pizza you can have. Do you have Papa Murphy's there?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Landonsrt

Thats why i deal with a place called Small Town Pizza cause im in a...well, small town. And i know noone delivers where im at. I wouldnt deal with that B.S you were having to go through. The store has to have an independent number. Id look into finding that. If you still cant do it, screw it!

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Silver R/T on August 15, 2009, 10:43:05 PM
lol what a way to loose a customer. Do you eat a lot of pizza? I'd suggest Red Baron, best home cooked pizza you can have. Do you have Papa Murphy's there?

Not that much. We're doing renos on our house so it was easier than making something.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

bull

That sucks.

I found a hole in one of my socks the other day. I'll probably schedule a visit to a counselor about it.

b5blue

Be strong Bull...be strong....we are here for you.  :'(

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: bull on August 16, 2009, 10:08:45 AM
That sucks.

I found a hole in one of my socks the other day. I'll probably schedule a visit to a counselor about it.

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

G-man

Old Moparz

Sounds like it's time to open your own pizza joint & not be part of a chain. Think about all the money you can make delivering in your competitors non-delivery zones & dump it into your Charger. Maybe even deliver it in the Charger & make that your trademark.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

400/6/PAC

Quote from: Old Moparz on August 18, 2009, 08:54:49 AM
Sounds like it's time to open your own pizza joint & not be part of a chain. Think about all the money you can make delivering in your competitors non-delivery zones & dump it into your Charger. Maybe even deliver it in the Charger & make that your trademark.
Thats a good idea
You could call Moparpizza or just Mopizza :icon_smile_big:

mopar73

Time to switch to a healthier diet, just ask Jared and go with Subway :smilielol: :smilielol:

89MOPAR

So in the end, they lost a customer so they could save 17cents on a pizza , by hiring one less person, but added the cost of the phone system and computer routing. :rotz:
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

b5blue

Do what I do, find a new independent pizza place, go in a few times so they know ya, you will get better pies and service! (if you have kids you know they love to make them, we had big fun doing that!)  :2thumbs: Did you actually stop by the shop and let the mgr. know? I love throwing smart-ass's under the bus!

Old Moparz

Maybe they just got tired of going to the house across the street from Cody with a fake phoned in order while Cody snuck over to the delivery vehicle to snag his pie for free.  :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry