News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vit. C 440/6-4spd 'Bird at Mopar Nats

Started by CornDogsCharger, July 25, 2009, 07:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CornDogsCharger

I have been on vacation this last week (that's why I haven't posted much on the "Surprise-bird") but I talked with my boss yesterday.  He mentioned to me that he was really considering taking the Vitamin C 6-pack car to the Nationals in Ohio.  That shocked the crap out of me because I never would have imagined him pulling a trailer for 15hrs to take the car up there.  He said that he heard it was too late to register a car..... is that true?  If he goes up there, go easy on him about restoring the car back to factory.  His car... his money... it's done.  I wish that I could make it but I seriously doubt.  I've never been to the Nats but have always wanted to go.  Anyways, who plans on being there?  Be sure to take pictures and post them here!

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

pettybird

we'll be there in the B5 bird on the crappy-car side  :lol:

4cruzin

I'll be there with my e-body, my girl and my little boy.  :yesnod:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

1970Moparmann

Early registration is probably over with-you can pay at the gate. :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

hotrod98

Would love to see the car, but we can't go this year.
If you see this car, check it out. It's a matching numbers 426, 4-speed car that we finished up a couple of weeks ago. It is supposed to be in the multiple carb tribute section.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 25, 2009, 10:43:19 AM
Would love to see the car, but we can't go this year.
If you see this car, check it out. It's a matching numbers 426, 4-speed car that we finished up a couple of weeks ago. It is supposed to be in the multiple carb tribute section.
:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

maxwellwedge

Quote from: CornDogsCharger on July 25, 2009, 07:42:24 AM
I have been on vacation this last week (that's why I haven't posted much on the "Surprise-bird") but I talked with my boss yesterday.  He mentioned to me that he was really considering taking the Vitamin C 6-pack car to the Nationals in Ohio.  That shocked the crap out of me because I never would have imagined him pulling a trailer for 15hrs to take the car up there.  He said that he heard it was too late to register a car..... is that true?  If he goes up there, go easy on him about restoring the car back to factory.  His car... his money... it's done.  I wish that I could make it but I seriously doubt.  I've never been to the Nats but have always wanted to go.  Anyways, who plans on being there?  Be sure to take pictures and post them here!

Justin
"CornDog"

If you are talking about getting the car in OE Gold judging - those cars were picked months ago. There should be no reason the money hungry 'Nat's would deny a car for the Fun Field.  :o :icon_smile_big:

CornDogsCharger

I just talked to him today.  He said that he talked with someone with registering the car and even though the deadline to enter a car was June 30, they went ahead and let him register the car.  He told me that the car will be in the multi-carb tribute section too.  Do these car get judged also?

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

maxwellwedge

No judging in the tribute section - the only other judging other than OE is fun-field which is roughly on par with a local car show.

CornDogsCharger

My boss left first this this morning to head up to Ohio.  He is probably passed out in bed right now after the long drive.  Anyways... here are a couple pictures I took yesterday afternoon as we were loading the trailer.  I figured a lot of you would love this trailer.  First one is of the car loaded up.  Check out the decal that was applied to tailgate of the trailer.  From a distance, it look like an open trailer... I thought it was pretty cool.  Wish I was at the show!

Justin
"CornDog"

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

hemi68charger

Man, that's a terrific graphic on the back !!!!    :2thumbs:

But, hopefully no one will see that as an invitation.....................
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Big Bird

Nice tow package....awesome rear graphics........ car looks great...... especially like the tag plate......same as mine in NJ
BIG - BIRD :)

70Sbird

awsome trailer and Graphics
I love that tag chioce too!

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

i took these pictures in may at mopars in the park in minnesota .  I think this guy was from south dakota .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

billssuperbird

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

pettybird

the car is AWESOME in person!

totally cool color combo, gorgeous work--great job on it!

CornDogsCharger

Quote from: pettybird on August 08, 2009, 11:39:43 PM

Hey Thanks man!  I appreciate it.  Did you happen to get any pictures of it?

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

pettybird

Quote from: CornDogsCharger on August 09, 2009, 12:10:54 PM
Quote from: pettybird on August 08, 2009, 11:39:43 PM

Hey Thanks man!  I appreciate it.  Did you happen to get any pictures of it?

Justin
"CornDog"

ha no I wasn't smart enough to bring a camera...

CornDogsCharger

I talked to my boss yesterday whilee he was on the way back.  He told me that he got second place in his class of original B-Bodies.  He also told me that a slant six green Duster won best of show.

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee