News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

wilwood brakes

Started by oldschool, July 29, 2009, 05:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldschool

has anybody tried wilwoods pro street brake kit? wheres the best place to get a kit? how complete was it? did you need extra parts to complete the install? how do they perform?i need to do something with my stock disc brakes.they cant stop my 850 horsepower beast  :icon_smile_big:
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

HPP

Not sure what their pro street kit consists of, but it may or may not be any better than what you have now. Yes, a complete Wilwood kit is lighter than stock. Yes, the four piston calipers give better feel than stock. However, unless you are buying a kit that comes with big rotors (12" or bigger), most Wilwoods come standard with 10.87 inch rotors, which is the equivilent size of the small factory mopar discs.  Greater braking force is generated by the greater leverage provided by bigger rotors. If you just change out for lightweight components without an increase of leverage, your not going to see big improvements.

John_Kunkel

Not only are Wilwoods often lacking in the rotor diameter, their 4-piston calipers actully have less clamping power than the large factory single piston caliper.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

oldschool

thanks guys.i'm going to get some 73-76 a body spindles and use the mopar 11.75 rotors.i cant go any bigger,needs to fit in a 15" wheel.
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!