News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What was this hole in the floor and bolt in tranny for?

Started by oldcarnut, August 03, 2009, 12:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

I pulled the carpet out of my 70 SB Clone project yesterday to check the floor pan condition and saw this hole cut in the floor tunnel with a bolt going into the tranny.  None of my other trannies have it.  There were two other holes in the firewall like it used to have add-on AC so I wondered if the hole was for a drain line but I don't get the bolt in the tranny.  It's in the main body and not the bell housing.  Anybody seen this with add-on AC or have an explanation?  I didn't back the bolt out to see if it was a blind hole but it's 1/4 - 5/16 thread size.  The floor pans were in good shape and there was an outline of an "S+" under the paint.

John_Kunkel

It's possible that the A/C installer who drilled the hole in the floor for the drain didn't stop and went on into the trans bellhousing. The bolt might just be filling the hole.  :shruggy:
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

lisiecki1

with the small hole next to it it looks like it had a cover at one time also.....interesting.....
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

covet66

TylerCharger69

I dunno....that's anew one on me....no 727 TF I know of has that.....assuming it's an automatic....

oldcarnut

Quote from: John_Kunkel on August 03, 2009, 03:19:21 PM

It's possible that the A/C installer who drilled the hole in the floor for the drain didn't stop and went on into the trans bellhousing. The bolt might just be filling the hole.  :shruggy:
I didn't think about that possibility  :scratchchin:. I'll back it out later this week and see how far it goes in.  Thanks all for the input.