News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

weird rust

Started by 73chargers4404, July 26, 2009, 11:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

73chargers4404

i have a question on my door and fender there was what looked like mud splatter on the paint but when sanded the door and fender down the meatal looked discolored or stainded by the mud spots its allmost looks pitted but its not ,my question is .is ok to use or should i found another feander and door i just dont want rust problems down the road

skip68

Post a picture if you can.    :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

TylerCharger69

yeah....a pic would be good so we can judge the severity.....Sounds like a previous repair seeping through bondo??? :shruggy:  but need to see it.

73chargers4404

ill try to get some pictures but there is no bondo in the door i have it compltely sanded to the metal ,i showed it to the guy at the paint shop and he said if u leave mud splatter on ur car it will discolor ur car but if u leave it for years itll eat into the metal through the paint ,he told me to keep sanding untill it was gone unfortly a hole developed when sanding it was weird it looked completly solid just black spots where the mud had been i just bought the door for 100 bucks now im shopping for another one  :brickwall: me and my brother both thought it was damn near perfect at the yard had factory paint on it and the mud flacked off i have bad luck on buying used parts is there any where that sales the skins .thanks

TylerCharger69

Well...is the door in that bad of shape???  I mean....it sounds repairable.  Show us the pics....maybe the severity is more than I'm imagining :scratchchin: