News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A silly question that can probably be quickly answered.

Started by TylerCharger69, July 25, 2009, 08:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TylerCharger69

Okay....another question....Where the fuel filler neck goes down into the trunk....there is a vent line (or what appears to be) attached to the side which also goes through the trunk floor. It seems to dead end right under the trunk floor pan.  Is that correct or does it go somewhere?...There is no evidence of any other line under the car.

firefighter3931

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on July 25, 2009, 08:57:00 PM
Okay....another question....Where the fuel filler neck goes down into the trunk....there is a vent line (or what appears to be) attached to the side which also goes through the trunk floor. It seems to dead end right under the trunk floor pan.  Is that correct or does it go somewhere?...There is no evidence of any other line under the car.

Yes, that is correct....the vent tube passes through the floorpan and exits into the frame rail under the floor. No worries....just make sure the line/tube isn't plugged and you're good to go.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

TylerCharger69

Cool...thanks again....didn't know if something was missing or not

john108

Please excuse my silly question on this matter:
How does that vent line function?

68chargerboy

Quote from: john108 on July 26, 2009, 12:18:45 AM
Please excuse my silly question on this matter:
How does that vent line function?

well when the fuel is pumped out of the tank a vacuum is created so the air pressure inside the tank is lower then the out side air so the vent to works to keep an equalibreum, so the ouside air is drawn/sucked into the tube to equal air pressure from inside the tank and on the inside  ;)

john108

Hi
I guess it was a silly question.  I forgot that we do not have a closed system.