News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Opinions please - project dilemma. back on track (updates with pics)

Started by dodgecharger-fan, December 15, 2007, 09:50:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamkuda

I am glad to see the project on the move again! :2thumbs:  It is looking good.
Rob

RIDELIKEHELL

Whwere is your car now? Just curious if Mike is still working on it somewhere else?

Marc
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

restoman

Yep, I'm still working on it. :)
The pics don't show it all - the previous guy screwed this car and DCF so bad, I felt like a heel just knowing he called himself a bodyman and lumped us all together in trade association.
Moparguy saw this car - in fact he uncovered most of the crap - he can attest to the "quality" of the "work".

Those CBD parts look fantastic! They passed the Bodyman's Braille Test with flying colours. :cheers:

RIDELIKEHELL

Cool! Are in the area still Mike? Just wondered if I could take a peek at the progress :drool5:
AMD POSTER BOY

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on May 08, 2009, 08:04:18 AM
Cool! Are in the area still Mike? Just wondered if I could take a peek at the progress :drool5:

I'll show you mine if you show me yours. :D

Go for it. Whatever works for Mike's schedule/plans/etc. I'm cool with it.

Next time I'm up that way, I'll let you know and maybe we can grab a coffee or something (I'm usually up there during the day and have a 3-hour drive back - or else I'd say beer instead of coffee.)

RIDELIKEHELL

Sounds Good! I'd even buy ya a beer but ya the drive back puts that fire out :icon_smile_cool: shoot me a note for sure :cheers:

bigsugarnut@yahoo.com
AMD POSTER BOY

dodgecharger-fan

Might as well resurrect this thread and keep the story going.

The CBD quarters are on.

and the tail panel work begins.

Lots of massaging around the wheel houses to get the quarters to fit right. The outer wheel houses were replaced by the first guy I brought the car to and those are the pieces that fit a Coronet and 'runner perfectly, but need to be trimmed down for a Charger - according to what I read here way back when. Well, I guess that's something else that that guy didn't listen to me about... (jeez, my grammar is way off kilter...sorry.)

Anyway, some other neat surprises like a filler strip of flat stock between the trunk pan and the rear valence.

The tail panel was glued in with seam sealer. Except for the three tack welds between it and the valence.

and the AMD tail panel went in.

The quarter panel extensions are going to need a little massaging to look right, but they're not too far off.

LoneStar Mopar

Great build thread! Sorry it started off so roughly. Definately looks like it is in the right hands now. In my opinion high quality metal work is the most important part of a restoration; and the one aspect that alot of shops shine the least in.