News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Should I sell?

Started by bearbqd, July 16, 2009, 03:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-man

My charger is originally 318/auto but was fitted with a 4 speed hurst and a fresh rebuilt 750 miles only 383ci. Paint isnt crash hot (has chips in some spots) but looks great from distance (chips not visible). Original 14" magnum 500 wheels with the trim ring, interior perfect. New quarters and trunk floor solid underneath.

he wanted 24 500 I got it for 20k. The gearbox change itself would have cost me 5000 down here and about that much for a fresh rebuilt 383. So considering that, I got the car for 10k and 10k in engine + gearbox. Ive since invested 10k in it. Brand new bilsteins shocks, superstock springs, 1.125 F/sway bar, 0.96" T-bars, brand new 1150lbs heavy duty clutch (that it did need), pushrods, oilsump gasket, reverse light switch, spark plugs, oils, 750cfm HP Double pumper Holley carb, Alloy Intake manifold (dual plane), fixed the power steer leak and reconditioned the radiator, got an electric fan added to the existing fan + Labour to pull all this appart and put it all back together as I have no mechanical skills. Polygraphite bushings for the entire car, upper and lowr ball joins (full front end kit - all polygraphite and poly for SS springs) Front and Rear Seat belts and NOS mirrors which were 845US (near 1200 AU)

So pretty much 30k = brand new 4-speed 383 charger (mechanicaly without body work) I dont see why if you know how to do stuff yourself you couldnt do it even less. Ive seen people spend 50k and end up with something not as good as mine for half of that.

Dont buy the 69, in end you wont be happy. I baught a 70 Challenger thinking "yeah its good itl do" and guess what? Had to get rid of it to replace with the 68 Charger as the charger is a charger. Yes thats a litle different from replacing charger with another charger but if the 68 you like, the 69 will wear off you and then you will be selling it looking for a 68. Do it once do it right.

chargergirl

G-man is right...what does your Woobie tell you? That internal voice that says this is right or wrong. Never give up your dream for someone else's dream. Do you really want that car? If so great...but from reading this post all the way through you love your car and don't truly want to part with it. We have a beautiful 65 Belvedere race car sitting in the garage getting ready for Alabama show. Mark has been offered good money to sell it...he's been where you are...it is still here cause it is important to him. (What is important to him is important to me as well). Just cause it has sat on the back burner for a while while you get the money to do what you need to doesn't mean that it less important. Search you feelings on your car...don't sell if you truly don't want to.
Trust your Woobie!