News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need of rear swaybar?

Started by Belgium R/T -68, July 14, 2009, 02:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

Thought of mounting the rear swaybar I bought a year ago but after seeing that I would have to drill in the frame to mount the
upper brackets I thought I should ask if it's worth the while doing it. Being an occasional sundaydriver, will I notice any difference? :scratchchin:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Just 6T9 CHGR

I think mine firmed up the rear quite a bit in the turns....not a slalom course type of tightening but definitely noticeable... :Twocents:

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

kab69440

Is that how the "B" was painted on your rear?  Mine was closer to plumb, and painted in almost perfect "print" style. I have an ancient Polaroid of it around here somewhere...
P.S. I like my rear swaybar, too. I felt no guilt whatsoever in drilling the sub rails.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: kab69440 on July 14, 2009, 10:04:43 PM
Is that how the "B" was painted on your rear?  Mine was closer to plumb, and painted in almost perfect "print" style. I have an ancient Polaroid of it around here somewhere...
P.S. I like my rear swaybar, too. I felt no guilt whatsoever in drilling the sub rails.
I sort of copied off this one (69 Coronet R/T 'vert) & added my own angle...

http://www.hoffmanswinnerscircle.com/69rtconvertible/Images2/Housing_back_1.jpg
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Belgium R/T -68

I testfitted the swaybar today but it seems the U-profile supposed to keep the U-bolt in position doesn't want to stay put so the complete
bracket turns towards the front of the car, did you have that Chris? :scratchchin:

Note the too long U-bolts for the springs, new correct ones are on their way. :2thumbs:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Just 6T9 CHGR

Nope, no problem like that..make sure to crank down on the bolts to prevent the twisting..

PS---really love your floor :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

SeattleCharger

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

69chargerR/T

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on July 14, 2009, 08:43:04 PM
I think mine firmed up the rear quite a bit in the turns....not a slalom course type of tightening but definitely noticeable... :Twocents:

not just 6T9 chgr,  that rear sway bar you have is an addco bar right ? What size bar is it, and do you like the addco bar ? And do you have a stock bar in the the front. I have a stock front bar on my car, and want to put a rear bar on and don't know what one to get or what size to get.  In the future I want to put a bigger bar on the front. Alan

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on July 14, 2009, 08:43:04 PM

Excellent idea covering the jack handle with foam. I will be doing that as well.

Thank you!  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude