News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Will not start

Started by greenpigs, July 20, 2009, 03:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenpigs

I am getting 6 volts to the coil with the key turned on and about 11 when i pull the wires loose. The ballast resistor has about 11 and the battery has 12.5. I put a battery tender on to bring it back up. Still the dropoff is what i wonder about. Could it be a bad ground? I didnt check for spark at the plug to see how strong it is yet because it sounds like I have a problem.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

greenpigs

please delete as i found psychos response I printed out 7 years ago from the old site for this same subject.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Purple440

greenpigs

what i have is normal or at least good enough to start the car, if the battery was fully charged. I will check spark at plug next.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

mikepmcs

It's most likely a bad ground.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?