News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 only wheel?????or 69 with horn triangle change??????

Started by 69 OUR/TEA, July 17, 2009, 03:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 OUR/TEA

This was the wheel that was in my car when I got it,I knew it was supposed to have a woodgrain,not to mention the horn center for it was in the trunk.This wheel that I removed is exactly like the one my 68 coronet had,but is this the same for 69,only needing to change center to padded triangle center???????
Decided to not to wait and put in my drivers simulator wheel.

Just 6T9 CHGR

From what I have seen the 68-69 plastic wheels are essentially the same except they were made of different plastics.  The 68 wheels were more dull in finish and hardly ever cracked....almost like a urethane bowling ball
The 69 wheels were made of a more shiny plastic and always cracked.
The 70's had a textured finish to them (of which B/E&A are reproducing)

Gotta love the simulators....got grain?  :D
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69 OUR/TEA

When I took off the wheel wrap ,you are right,there are no cracks and it is mint!!!

1969chargerrtse

Either you swapped them out really fast, or exactly 12 hours later to the second, or your clock doesn't tic toc.  :hah: Beautiful interior.  Is the wood that good of shape you don't have to replace it with a repro?  :drool5:  Even the A/C levers actually have print?   :o
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 18, 2009, 06:42:04 AM
Either you swapped them out really fast, or exactly 12 hours later to the second, or your clock doesn't tic toc.  :hah: Beautiful interior.  Is the wood that good of shape you don't have to replace it with a repro?  :drool5:  Even the A/C levers actually have print?   :o

Clock does'nt work Rob,tach does though!!!!Yeah,my woodgrain is in very nice shape for being orig,little scuff here or there but very acceptable to leave alone.Suprisingly for a Cali car the dash is in real nice shape,even the dash pad ,and all my upper door cushions have no cracks.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on July 18, 2009, 08:21:03 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 18, 2009, 06:42:04 AM

Clock does'nt work Rob,tach does though!!!!Yeah,my woodgrain is in very nice shape for being orig,little scuff here or there but very acceptable to leave alone.Suprisingly for a Cali car the dash is in real nice shape,even the dash pad ,and all my upper door cushions have no cracks.
I still can't believe you got that beautiful rare loaded car.  Woah. :icon_smile_tongue:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69 OUR/TEA