News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How does yours looks like?

Started by Belgium R/T -68, June 11, 2009, 09:34:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69hemi

That is just the way that part is made.  On the back of it where it touches the body was black seam sealer on both my Charger and GTX.  They really stand out with no vinyl roof but that is the way it goes.  Don't forget to put the sealer in there or they will leak.
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

TylerCharger69

I couldn't get a good, clear pic of mine....but I measured mine...(keeping in mind, it used to have a vinyl top) and I have exactly 1/4 inch between the sail panel and the INSIDE of the trim moulding.  That first pic....with the rivet showing....that, to me, definately looks like it's sticking out way too far.  I'm assuming that wasn't an exact science running through the assembly line as I see lots of pics posted here with that distance varying.  The only solution I can see to bring that closer to the body is to cut the drip rail off and trim it a little and tack it back on...in other words....remove some material.  Before prep and paint of course.  Maybe some good pics of an originally non-vinyl car could provide some answers.