News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

90* oil filter adapter

Started by jaak, July 07, 2009, 09:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaak

My oil filter adapter had a small leak, so I decided to replace the gaskets. Now it has a huge leak....I have tried to tighten the center bolt, reposition adapter, still no luck. is there a trick to it? I used MP gaskets (all 3).

Can I use a normal plate (from a 318) instead of the 90* adapter on a 360 with hooker super comp headers? If I can Im about ready to ditch this adapter.

Thanks,
Jason

Runner

Quote from: jaak on July 07, 2009, 09:51:47 PM
My oil filter adapter had a small leak, so I decided to replace the gaskets. Now it has a huge leak....I have tried to tighten the center bolt, reposition adapter, still no luck. is there a trick to it? I used MP gaskets (all 3).

Can I use a normal plate (from a 318) instead of the 90* adapter on a 360 with hooker super comp headers? If I can Im about ready to ditch this adapter.

Thanks,
Jason

if the headers are like headmans then you can do with out the 90 degree adapter but youll need a shorter filter i believe ive used a motorcraft fl300 on our 318 with headmans

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

A383Wing

The 90* adapters are also known for cracking....check that also

jaak

Ditched it today, and used a normal  oil filter base from a 318 I had in the shop. Had plenty of room with the hooker headers.

Jason