News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

small block intake question

Started by charger_mike75, July 01, 2009, 06:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_mike75

I was digging around in my shed today and found a small block intake manifold that was buried. The number cast into it reads 3614031-3. What is different about it is it's not your typical 2 bbl. intake.  It is a single plane and the runners are almost like an x. My question is what would this type of intake been used on? would anyone know if it would have any better performance over the normal dual plane? It is made of cast iron.

oldkimmer

.............Moatly 1970-72 318s.............probably not worth the hassle 2 change it.............kim.........
Back in the good old days 1968 charger rt 440 magnum . 1968  charger 383 magnum. The Beast has been Unleashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SeattleCharger

for most street driving and low end torque and power at lower rpms and off the line, a dual plane is usually better than a single plane intake, 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

charger_mike75

I didn't really have any plans for it, was mostly curious about it since I'd never seen one before. Thanks a bunch guys