News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vin last 7 digits

Started by Sixtyeight, January 26, 2014, 11:03:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixtyeight

Hi,

Is there a way to decode a VIN from the last 7 digits?
It's G119126 and stamped on a F 440

Would be great!

Jeroen

Charger Registration of the Netherlands / www.charger.nl
1968 R/T Charger
1969 Base Charger

rarefish

Are you talking about a VIN stamped on a engine block?

JB400

The last 6 are a serial number.  Everything before it is where you'll find the info you seek

Sixtyeight

Hi,

see attached file

1968 R/T Charger
1969 Base Charger

Sixtyeight

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on January 26, 2014, 11:07:54 AM
The last 6 are a serial number.  Everything before it is where you'll find the info you seek

I know but wit recent cars is its also the case and if you take the last 6 in the system you find the whole info. I know this because i work in a dealership.

Jeroen

1968 R/T Charger
1969 Base Charger

rarefish

The last 6 numbers are just production sequence numbers. Not like today's VIN's  where there is a lot more info..

Troy

Well, the 'G' is the assembly plant (St Louis in this case) so you could at least narrow it down to the cars that were being produced there. Is that a '0' in front of the 'G'? The stamp should have the year as the first character.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Sixtyeight

Yes,

That's a zero, good call!

Jeroen

1968 R/T Charger
1969 Base Charger

Alaskan_TA

F is the series (model year) 1970 in this case.

The VIN is missing one digit, there should be a zero since it is an F series block - 0G 119126

G is the assembly plant for the car, St. Louis, Mo. & only B-bodies were produced there for 1970, including all of the 1970 Chargers.

69charger2002

Modern cars keep lots of VIN info based on the last 6 of the VIN. Dealerships(s you probably know) ask for it when referencing parts etc. Not so on older ones. Like said before, from the info you have ,all that can be surmised is it's a 70 block, built at ST louis, with a reasonably early 70 model VIN, probably somewhere in the late august or early september range of 1969 as a build date. Being a 440, it can at least be narrowed down to a Charger R/T, Roadrunner, GTX, or Coronet R/T.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Sixtyeight

Well, that's great info, and all I need to know, thanks!

Jeroen.

1968 R/T Charger
1969 Base Charger