News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

There's no shortage of morons in my neck of the woods

Started by bull, June 29, 2009, 07:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

teamroth

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

moparnole

Magnumcharger

I'm lactose intolerant.
So I go to McDonalds every once in awhile, usually taking the drive thru.
And I ask for a Big Mac, or maybe a Quarter pounder - with no cheese.
Invariably, I'll get my order, open the bag, and guess what?
Cheese - every time.
So I go back inside, show the dolt behind the counter the little sticker on the bag that says "NO CHEESE", then open the box and show off the product I got.
I've stood there 10 minutes waiting for a chees-less burger. And I've even had it happen, they make me a new burger, apologize for the mistake, and I open the box to find....CHEESE!
Whereupon I invert the box and dump the contents onto the counter.

Better call 911. There's gonna be a homicide.
I guess I'm a moron too. :icon_smile_big:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

jb666

mikepmcs

Better be careful Magnum, cheese isn't the only thing you are getting on that second burger if you know what I mean.  I won't normally eat out because I know what those kids and some adults do to peoples food. 

That was unbelievable on the 911 deal.  What's wrong with people?
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Landonsrt

Yeah there was a lady a couple of months ago that Mcd's forgot to give her (Chick Nuggetts!). So she called 911 at the drive up window. They came out and arrested her for abusing the system. She didnt sound too bright when I heard them replay the audio on the radio.

wayfast1500

One of my first jobs was at wendys.  If the receipt has your custom order on it the cashier did their job.  If the sandwich isn't made to the way the receipt says it's the guys in the back who arnt doing their job.  Just a FYI so people know who to yell at/blame.

Magnumcharger

As the McDonald's crew are ingrained with the "team" work model, I give the blame to everybody.
Isn't that the Japanese work ethic?
Somebody should fall on their own sword...or be made to eat their own food. :icon_smile_big:

Truth be known, most Mc-Jobs are being staffed by children or the elderly.

rt green

what if the kid is unhappy with the food in jail? who will he call then?
third string oil changer

my73charger

Quote from: Magnumcharger on June 29, 2009, 08:44:24 PM
I'm lactose intolerant.
So I go to McDonalds every once in awhile, usually taking the drive thru.
And I ask for a Big Mac, or maybe a Quarter pounder - with no cheese.
Invariably, I'll get my order, open the bag, and guess what?
Cheese - every time.
So I go back inside, show the dolt behind the counter the little sticker on the bag that says "NO CHEESE", then open the box and show off the product I got.
I've stood there 10 minutes waiting for a chees-less burger. And I've even had it happen, they make me a new burger, apologize for the mistake, and I open the box to find....CHEESE!
Whereupon I invert the box and dump the contents onto the counter.

Better call 911. There's gonna be a homicide.
I guess I'm a moron too. :icon_smile_big:

:rofl:  That sounds like my brother.  He HATES cheese!  It is so funny when this happens to him.  I have seen his corrected order have cheese in it as well. 

Landonsrt

Quote from: rt green on June 30, 2009, 06:30:34 AM
what if the kid is unhappy with the food in jail? who will he call then?

"Ghostbusters"!!!!!!!

Sorry, couldnt help it. Im the same way when i go to a restaurant and ask for sweet tea no lemon. What do they bring out? A friggin lemon floating in my damn tea!!! Every time!!! If someone actually listens to me and does it right, I tip them extra. This is hardly ever the case.  If I wanted lemon, I'd get lemonade!!!!!!! I know people like it that way, but not me!

Magnumcharger

You hit the nail on the head!
I guess I'm an extremist. If somebody gives me good service, I'll usually tip them 15% (and often times more) for the job well done.
On the other hand, if I'm PAYING for a service, such as food in a restaurant, and they can't get my order right...even the second time, well then - to HELL with them.

Last winter my Dodge Ram wouldn't heat up. The reason being is I installed a cooler thermostat for trailer towing in the summer.
So I went to the local jobber and asked for a 195 degree thermostat for a 1996 Ram 5.2L 4x4...I was pretty explicit.
I got the thermostat (in a box) handed to me, paid for it, drove home, put the truck in the garage, drained the coolant, removed the thermostat housing (no mean feat in a 318 Magnum) pulled the old thermostat, went to drop the new one in....and it fell right through.....too small.
Yeah. Great.
I had to button it all back up, drive the 25 miles back to the jobber, and deal with this. I asked the same counter guy for the same part. He handed me another box. I put the first box down by the second and opened them both. I asked "which one is right?"
He pointed to the second one.
And I asked him to tell me why he sold me the first one?
No answer.
I told him..."for my aggravation, you're going to give me that part - for free".  He said "why should I do that? it's a simple mistake!"
I said "because you have to be accountable for your actions".
He said: "Why? You AIRFORCE GUYS aren't!"

~WHAT?~ :o

I said: " I sign for every bit of MY work...and if I screw up....people DIE".

Needless to say, I spoke to the manager right about then, and got the part for free.

Still cost me $20 in gas.

Landonsrt

Im surprised you didnt jump over the counter and make him eat that thermostat after that airforce comment!

Magnumcharger

Quote from: Landonsrt on June 30, 2009, 10:14:12 AM
Im surprised you didnt jump over the counter and make him eat that thermostat after that airforce comment!

I'm 6' 2" and 270...that wouldn't have been a problem.
However, I've learned a bit over the years, like: try negotiating first.

But...it's...so...hard!!!  :flame:

nh_mopar_fan

bakerhillpins

Case in point:

SUV recovered

Two Annapolis men, one of whom was on probation, were arrested in District Court on Friday morning after driving to court in a stolen sports utility vehicle, city police said.

Two city police officers were conducting a separate investigation near the intersection of Rowe Boulevard and Taylor Avenue around 9:45 a.m. when they saw an SUV pull into the parking lot of the Graul's supermarket across from the courthouse.

One officer recognized one of the men from previous encounters and arrests, ran the tag of the red 2006 Ford Escape and found it had been stolen from a county resident on June 7.

Thomas M. McGee, 25, of Obery Court, and Scott L. Sanders, 19, of Tyler Avenue, were found inside the courthouse at the Office of Parole and Probation. Sanders was on probation stemming from drug and trespassing charges, police said.

Both were arrested and charged with theft and possession of marijuana after officers found a small amount of the drug in the car.

The owner of the car was notified the vehicle was recovered.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?