News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Post car show depression

Started by SFRT, June 08, 2009, 06:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elanmars

Can you post more pictures of your car? Despite all your poo-pooing on it, I think it's way rad and the flat black is how I'm going to paint mine as soon as I get a chance to pick it up!!! So I'd like to see more for reference, thanks!!
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

Hemidog

Quote from: CB on June 09, 2009, 04:18:26 PM
it's just the cosmetics, your car is build to last, I'd take yours over a 100% stock restored one. For sure!

CB
:iagree: mine's gonna be flat black soon aswell, and I can't wait!

SFRT

Quote from: elanmars on June 09, 2009, 05:37:32 PM
Can you post more pictures of your car? Despite all your poo-pooing on it, I think it's way rad and the flat black is how I'm going to paint mine as soon as I get a chance to pick it up!!! So I'd like to see more for reference, thanks!!

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mikepmcs

Your car is AWESOME so quit your bellyachin'   :2thumbs: :cheers: 

I want to see more of the cutouts that you posted elsewhere.  What brand are they anyway?  After seeing that video I'm really toying with the idea of installing them on my challenger.

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

SFRT

http://marylandspeed.com/dmh-low-profile-electric-cutouts-pair-dmhlpecut-p-1313.html

these are the ones I got. I had to reinforce the welds on them and get a better switch.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BIRD67

Dude, why the hell would you be embarassed to be in that!?! Any Charger is respected these days! Heck, there is this guy that brings a '73 Buick to all the car shows around here, and it is a PIECE! The top is made of bungie cords and blue tarps, but he doesn't car, neither should you! People will always try and "One-Up" each other, it's stupid, but your car is fine, hey, it's better than nothin dude!
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

Ponch ®

Man, that's a badass car that I would give my left nut for.

Having said that, I get what you mean. I wouldnt say its depressing, but certainly deflating. In my case, it's with my daily driver 08 Charger. If I'm at the gas station, the post office, or the grocery store, more often than not it's the most badass car there, and without fail I'll get complimented or someone will pull up next to me and say "nice car", etc. And I feel pretty good about it. Then I go to some of the SoCalLX meets - some of these guys have spent fortunes on custom paint jobs, rims, superchargers, etc.-  and all of a sudden my car is exposed as being the plainest one there. I get all deflated...and it usually doesnt go away until I get another compliment a few days later.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Mike DC

The musclecar hobby is full of "I drive it all the time" restored cars wearing front tires that are 10 or 15 years old.  IMHO this is the biggest weak spot in the whole hobby.  You can live within an hour's drive of literally hundreds of decent old cars and still go months without seeing one on the road. 

Anything driven is cool. 

Anything driven on days outside of sunny & temperate weather is awesome. 

Anything in a desirable bodystyle & drivetrain that gets driven in all weather is top of the heap IMHO. 

Neal_J

Halleluja!!

MIKE DC FOR PRESIDENT!!!~

mikepmcs

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 12, 2009, 04:58:40 PM

the heap

I got the "heap" portion down pat. ;D

Thanks for the cutout link Frank.  Wow, 400 bones and you had to juice em up and get another switch. :o  I'm gonna put a set on the charger first I think but don't know if i'm gonna go for those.  Really like the design though and the way they install.....no extra sh#$ hanging out there like others  I've seen.  More research is needed before I dole it out as it's just a wanted wow factor. :lol:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Mike DC

QuoteHalleluja!!

MIKE DC FOR PRESIDENT!!!~

Thanks, heh, heh, heh . . . of course, this is all part of my 30-year-old elaborate plan to do just that.   :coolgleamA:

69_500

I don't see anything to be depressed about. I show up to shows in my rust bubbling car all the time. Its fun to be one of the ones that isn't completely restored. I had a blast as well when I had the 69 SE that you could practically see from one side of the car out to the other side by looking through the quarter panels. Odd thing is that every show I went to there was always a stack of notes on the car when I'd get back with offers to buy it.

Finn

Personally, I get bored of the pretty cars...
They're all restored using mostly the same parts and it just gets old to me.
Its the unfinished projects I love to see. I dug your charger from when I first saw a picture of it in your shop with a black BMW and a motorcycle by it. Looked tough as hell. Then I saw the video with the electronic cut outs :faint:. Ill still go watch and get the same huge grin on my face.
Matter of fact I'm going to go watch it now :D.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

mikepmcs

Me too :lol:
Just so nobody has to search for it.  Courtesy of Dave F.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHKSXGM3a80

Quote from: Finn on June 13, 2009, 10:12:05 PM

I saw the video with the electronic cut outs :faint:. Ill still go watch and get the same huge grin on my face.
Matter of fact I'm going to go watch it now :D.

chargerrt

Everybody has to start somewhere.  Not everybody can military press 250 pounds right off the bat.  Not everybody can run a mile in 6 minutes on their first-ever try.  The same goes with cars.  There's no reason to be ashamed of it  :cheers:

mikepmcs

Quote from: chargerrt on June 15, 2009, 11:30:12 AM
Not everybody can military press 250 pounds right off the bat.  Not everybody can run a mile in 6 minutes on their first-ever try. 

umm, yeah they can. :shruggy:

:lol: :lol: :cheers: :icon_smile_big:

chargerrt

Quote from: mikepmcs on June 15, 2009, 03:33:10 PM
Quote from: chargerrt on June 15, 2009, 11:30:12 AM
Not everybody can military press 250 pounds right off the bat.  Not everybody can run a mile in 6 minutes on their first-ever try. 

umm, yeah they can. :shruggy:

:lol: :lol: :cheers: :icon_smile_big:

I mean, I could, but not EVERYBODY can  :icon_smile_big: