News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

451 stroker

Started by 1973dodgecharger, September 22, 2009, 03:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1973dodgecharger

Ok I have a 400 block and I found a 440 crank and rods. So now the question is what do I tell the machine shop to do to the crank? I don't have alot of money so I can't go all out and this is my first engine build. Also what pistons should I get and should I get it bored out or just leave it?  I'm wanting to run pump gas so I wanna stay around a 10:1 compression ratio. And any cam recomandations? Going in a 73 charger. Wanting it to cruise but still bruise up cameros and stangs. I already hbe a dual quad setup for it too

Dans 68

Do a search on "stroker", and check the proven engine combo's threads http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/board,30.0.html. Read all of the threads, and formulate some good questions. It will help immeasurably when you build your own.  :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Challenger340

Only wimps wear Bowties !