News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

American Hamburger what is your fav?

Started by BB1, June 01, 2009, 07:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where do you go to get a good burger?

I make the best burgers at home
17 (37%)
Friends -n- family
0 (0%)
Fast Food junky
6 (13%)
National restaurant chain
3 (6.5%)
Specialty regional burger
19 (41.3%)
I don't like hamburgers at all
1 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 46

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: Old Moparz on June 02, 2009, 08:23:08 AM
Quote from: mopar_nut_440_6 on June 02, 2009, 01:30:02 AM
I like to make my own. I mix up my hamburger with a package of onion soup mix and a couple of eggs and use a piece of 4 inch PVC tubing and make a bottom patty. I then take diced cooked bacon and add a layer followed by a layer of cheddar cheese. I then add another layer of meat and then pull it out of the tubing and make sure the edges are squeezed together well. I like to keep the cheese and bacon away from the outer edge so they will stick together.  2 lbs of meat makes about 5/6 burgers and they are delicious!!

Is it leftover new pipe from a project, or was it a piece of used sewer pipe? Just asking because my wife likes to use a well seasoned, cast iron, skillet over any of her silverstone pans. She said it makes a difference.

I just use the PVC pipe to form the burger. I then remove the one completed and make another. Once I have a nice stack of them I throw them on the BBQ!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

Fitz73Chrgr

The Guinness Burger from a place called McGurk's in Soulard in downtown STL.  Creamy cheddar cheese & caramelized onions. 

:drool5:

That or the Bacon Cheddar Burger (forget the real name of it) at Tigin Irish Pub in downtown STL.  I probably can't remember the name because I had it after Mardi Gras & I might have had a few to drink.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

mauve66

fatburger is the best, and the milk shakes are to die for
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

TUFCAT

My wife makes the burgers here. They're tasty as hell.....but nothing beats a good bar burger.:icon_smile_wink:

68charger383

I like those 1/2" thick Costco pre-made burgers cooked on my B-B-Q best.

Or if it's 4 a.m. in the morning, some whitecastle bellybombers hit the spot.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: mikepmcs on June 01, 2009, 06:47:01 PM
I got a burger for ya'll taken from the food recipe thread.   http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,44219.0.html

Beat me to it!! :D

I voted my own, but really, my wife makes 'em. I cook 'em.
Simply mix in some Ted Reader's Better Butter Burger Seasoning into some fresh ground beef.
Form the patties and then put them in the refrigerator to set up for at least an hour but longer is better. The cold helps them stay together until you can get them seared. No need for any binder if you cool them enough.

Then, on the Ted Reader signature series grill from Napolean, fire up the sear zone. (Sorry, he's a big deal around here and I've always wanted a Napolean barbeque.)

When it's hot (15 seconds later), sear the burgers about a minute on each side, then move them over to a spot above a regular burner, giving them a quarter turn to get the criss cross grill marks. Cook for a few minutes more and flip to the other side and cook a few minutes.
Add cheese if you like. I like. Yes, I do. A nice Irish Cheddar. I like blue cheese too, but not on top because it gets to messy.
Close the lid to melt the cheese, then remove to a plate for serving.

On my diet, bread is a no-no, but I can have some carbs. A neat trick is to use the skins from a baked potato for a bun. Works great and tastes like you're cheating on your diet. You can save the scooped out potato for another meal.

If I'm on the road, Lick's makes a great burger and they don't hold back on the fixins... and I just eat the bun. If I'm at Lick's I'm taking a "holiday" from my diet. :P

TheGhost

Best one I've ever had was the Mushroom Swiss Thickburger from Hardees.  Add bacon, and put it on sourdough bread.  Delicious.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Old Moparz on June 02, 2009, 08:23:08 AM
Quote from: mopar_nut_440_6 on June 02, 2009, 01:30:02 AM
I like to make my own. I mix up my hamburger with a package of onion soup mix and a couple of eggs and use a piece of 4 inch PVC tubing and make a bottom patty. I then take diced cooked bacon and add a layer followed by a layer of cheddar cheese. I then add another layer of meat and then pull it out of the tubing and make sure the edges are squeezed together well. I like to keep the cheese and bacon away from the outer edge so they will stick together.  2 lbs of meat makes about 5/6 burgers and they are delicious!!

Is it leftover new pipe from a project, or was it a piece of used sewer pipe? Just asking because my wife likes to use a well seasoned, cast iron, skillet over any of her silverstone pans. She said it makes a difference.

A real good old cast iron skillet is hard to come by anymore. You cant wash them in soap. Just wipe em clean with a rag. They only work if you cook with real grease fat. It has a reaction with the cast iron and makes food taste better.

Todd

skip68

A real good old cast iron skillet is hard to come by anymore. You cant wash them in soap. Just wipe em clean with a rag. They only work if you cook with real grease fat. It has a reaction with the cast iron and makes food taste better.

Todd

I have a good sized cast iron skillet that I need to re-season.... :brickwall: But I love that pan!!!! Best fried taters are made in a cast iron pan!!! :yesnod: :2thumbs: I want to get a cast iron dutch oven for camping!!!! :yesnod:

Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

TUFCAT

Your cast iron skillet is good for hitting Chuck over the head with!...  :scratchchin:

skip68

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 04, 2009, 08:59:26 AM
Your cast iron skillet is good for hitting Chuck over the head with!...  :scratchchin:

Wouldn't do any good,.......................nothin up there to damage!!!  :smilielol: :smilielol: :nana: :rofl: :rofl:

Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

BB1

Specialty regional burger is the WINNER!

I thought so.  :scratchchin: Thanks for voting.  :icon_smile_big:
Delete my profile