News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does the guage cluster come out in the car for service? Having issues with it.

Started by Chargeraddict, May 31, 2009, 04:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chargeraddict

I have my interior pretty much all together, I am in the midst of testing everything and the only things that work on my cluster is the wiper button and squirters, everything else doesnt seem to be getting power ( no cluster lights, no headlights, flashers, dimmer, Fan etc..) Everything else seems to work ok, radio, courtesy lights, starter, back up lights etc.. So Im pretty certain its somthing related to the cluster. Can I remove it out of the dash to work on it? Thanks :brickwall:

mikepmcs

Yes, just take the screws out, unplug stuff and gently remove the cluster so you don't break the corners of it off.  I'd remove it just enough to peek back there first to see if something is disconnected.  That would be after I have exhausted all other things like checking fuses and wire and such.
I'm betting, since you said interior is almost back together, that it is something simple and just not connected. :Twocents:

This thread from lilwendal might help.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,37999.0.html
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Chargeraddict

Thanks mike I will read that, upon further testing after dinner, i realize I dont have 12 volts at my instr. panel fuse, Im trying to figure out where it is fed from reading this manual but im lost so far.

268RTs4ME

Check all you fusable links coming off of your relay under the hood first, run you fingers down the link and make sure it is not fried.