News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ariel Atom 500

Started by bakerhillpins, May 28, 2009, 01:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakerhillpins

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20090528/CARNEWS/905289993

Seems like an interesting vehicle. At the risk (guess its obvious now  :hah: ) of sounding like a auto moron, what does the average V8 block weigh these days?

500Hp seems like a lot for a 3.0 liter that is under 200lbs?  :scratchchin:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

PocketThunder

Talk about a FAST go-kart!   :o   :o
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Troy

There's a really good video clip of the previous model from the TV show Top Gear. Search for it on You Tube. The car used to not be available in the US but I guess they found a way around that. The engine and heads are aluminum alloy. It's a Honda i-VTEC with 245 BHP with a supercharged option.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Mr.Woolery

I have a 300hp Atom, and it's really quick...so a 500hp Atom will just be bonkers.  Trust me on that.
-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

Rolling_Thunder

Friend of mine's father has a 300hp Atom...    says it is a pure blast to drive    :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip