News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Opening round car show in my hometown last weekend

Started by Ghoste, May 27, 2009, 09:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Sooooooo, last weekend marked an annual cruise that the city puts on to kick off the car show season.  With a few hundred cars on hand there is always something to see and here are a few pics.
Starting with a buddy of mine's 72 Road Runner.  Originally a black car he reshot it in silver over the winter.  It's a 400 four speed, non console bucket seat, air grabber car.

The next two are of a 67 Charger that is local to me but I don't know much more about the car than that.  I like the optional headrests.

Ghoste

Then we have another buddy's just acquired 69 Charger RT and a pic of my wife and girls waiting in my car for the cruise to start.  This was the first time I was finally able to convince them to come along so I didn't open my headers up this year which I normally do for this cruise.  :D

Ghoste

This 67 Coronet was a bench seat four speed car but I don't know if it was original or not.  The yellow Plymouth beside it was a real nice Max Wedge clone but for some reason I don't seem to have any pics of it.
Then I saw this 3rd gen with a great big hole in the roof.

Ghoste

But the biggest thrill for me personally was this car right here.  This was the first Canadian built car to go over 200mph in the 1/4 mile.  The guy who owned and drove it was Skip Adair who is standing beside the car in the second pic.  Skip had a shop around the corner from my parents place when I was a kid and all the local hotshoes hung out there so I used wander by on my bicycle all the time staring at the loud striped cars parked around there.
I also remember well the car in the 3rd pic because that was Skip's daily driver (his father drove a 70 GTO) and both the rail and the 66 are recently restored.

aone415

Great pics Ghoste :2thumbs: your friend's Roadrunner is very nice  :yesnod:

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

ChgrSteve67

Wow

Three 1st Gens at the show.

Thanks for the pics.

Ghoste

And only one 3rd gen and most surprising, only a single 2nd gen as well. (normally can't swing a dead cat without hitting a fleet of 2nd gens)

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

ChgrSteve67

71ChallengeHer