News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Found Charger

Started by Drache, November 14, 2005, 11:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

My dad just phoned me and told me that he found a charger that he made an offer on. It's a 1970 Dodge Charger with a 440+6. White with a black vinyl top, green bucket seat interior and automatic. Both the quarters were replaced and I was told that it needs work although I havent seen it so I'm not sure the amount. So we'll wait and see if the $8,000 offer intreges the guy or not.

Before anyone says to offer more, he had talked to my dad's cousin at a halloween party and mention that he's looking for $10,000 so $8,000 isn't a bad offer. The car runs perfectly and drives fine as well.

P.S. It's in Canadian funds  :icon_smile_big: About $6700 U.S.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Chargerguy74

Is it an original R/T with 440+6?
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Drache

It's not an R/T that much I know. As for pics I havent seen the car myself since I live about 5 hours away from the my father. If I get pics they will be posted!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Shakey

Good luck - hope it pans out!  :thumbs:

Charger_Fan

Good luck, Man! That's what we need around here...MORE '70 OWNERS! :boogie: :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Drache

Well there are a few problems with it but it's trying to be worked out.

First off the 6pack is NOT original. Another thing is on top of that 6pack is a tunnel ram sort of thing sticking out through the hole in the hood. I'm not sure what he meant by tunnel ram but that's what he called it.

One quarter panel is brand new along with the floor pans as well. The other quarter does need work but does not need to be replaced. Both fenders are ok and the bumpers and the grille are in pretty much perfect looking shape.

All the lights are ok and work and most of the wiring has been replaced. There is no bubbling to be found on the vinyl top but who knows what might be under that.

The guy said he won't take under $10,000 Canadian for it so my dad's weighing his options and his finances. Hard to tell myself without pictures. Does this sound worth $10,000? Once I get the pics I will be posting them here.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

RT DAVE

Quote from: Drache on November 15, 2005, 10:21:09 PM
Well there are a few problems with it but it's trying to be worked out.

First off the 6pack is NOT original. Another thing is on top of that 6pack is a tunnel ram sort of thing sticking out through the hole in the hood. I'm not sure what he meant by tunnel ram but that's what he called it.

One quarter panel is brand new along with the floor pans as well. The other quarter does need work but does not need to be replaced. Both fenders are ok and the bumpers and the grille are in pretty much perfect looking shape.

All the lights are ok and work and most of the wiring has been replaced. There is no bubbling to be found on the vinyl top but who knows what might be under that.

The guy said he won't take under $10,000 Canadian for it so my dad's weighing his options and his finances. Hard to tell myself without pictures. Does this sound worth $10,000? Once I get the pics I will be posting them here.

A six-pack tunnel ram?  I can't say I've ever seen that.   Are you sure it doesn't just have dual fours?   
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Drache

I think that my dad had the terminology wrong.  By tunnel ram I think he meant just simply a scoop setup. My dad does know what a 6-pack is, he used to have one on his original charger. From the way he explained it, that is that only thing that I could come up with with some help from a friend of mine.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

TheGhost

Speaking of found Chargers, I just got a tip yesterday about a 1rst gen that might be for sale cheap, that I'm following up.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.