News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How do you remove old paint overspray?

Started by ugly2u, May 07, 2009, 04:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ugly2u

the previous owner painted the trim while changing the color on the last paint job. Any idea how to remove old paint overspray>

I tried lacquer thinner, buffer, but not sand paper :scratchchin:

Thanks!

Projekts

Same thing happened to me. On the plastic parts I used medium steel wool, then fine, then plastic polish. There were a few points that required sandpaper, like the hood turn signal lenses. There I used 400 grit, then steel wool, then polish. I'm not gonna tell you it looks brand new, but it does look good.

ugly2u

Okay, that works for the plastic parts, but what about the stainless trim or chrome?

Projekts

Stainless Steel: Push the dents out if any then sand it, when you get down to 400 you are ready to buff it out. It will look like new.

Chrome: It depends on what shape it's in. Try fine steel wool, if that doesn't work consider having it re-chromed.

ugly2u

C_stripes

Go to a paint and body store and ask for body clay. Use clay and keep it wet using Quick Detailer by Meguiers. It works great.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.