News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bernadette Peters

Started by Old Moparz, May 06, 2009, 12:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

Interesting how one topic will remind you of another. After reading the Dom DeLuise topic about his death, all the movies people posted about brought back some funny memories. His movies were usually good for a laugh, like Mel Brooks' "Silent Movie" that also starred Bernadette Peters. The reason I posted this, is because I'm on a mailing list for the Bergen Performing Arts Center in Englewood, NJ & she is doing a concert there.

I have no interest in going, but in the email about her show was a photo. I know celebrities get cosmetic surgery all the time, but damn she can still turn heads at 61.  :o
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Neal_J

Mmmmm, Marie from "The Jerk."

"I'm picking out a thermos for you...." :whistling:

moparstuart

marty feldman is another funny guy ,   young frankenstein is one of my top movies ever .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

mikepmcs

OH yeah, Feldman...hilarious.  Graves disease(bulging eyes), died at 48, heart attack caused by cartoonist Sergio Aragonés so the legend goes. :rotz:  If you ever hear the line "I killed Marty Feldman" it stems from this and oh yeah, he smoked like a billion packs of cigs a day.. If there is ever a life story about Marty,  Mark Blankfield would be the perfect candidate.(character actor, "Blinken" in Robin Hood, Men in Tights, also was in a couple episodes of Saved by the bell, mostly TV stuff and most recognized in Fridays, the comedy show that competed with SNL back in the day) He always reminds me of Ole Marty when I see him.  He's in the picture far to the left with Melanie Chartoff on his lap. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6FYVRn2_cY

Wow, I went way off the chart on that one, what were we talking about, oh yeah Bernadette, I'd hit it.  I have the same theory on older women as I do on younger ones.  If they look like they are 25, treat em as such. :D   :lol:
She has an above average singing voice, you should go...you might get lucky. :2thumbs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKEP48sLvdk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kMlQgyz834&feature=related
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

rav440

1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

TUFCAT

Mike DC

That is one impressive bit of aging there.  I've seen better than her at 21 or 41, but not much better at 61. 

Even a blank check at the plastic surgeon usually won't produce a 61yo like that unless all the planets have lined up well.  Genetics, lifetime sun protection, lifetime health, young-looking hairstyle, etc.       

hemi68charger

61?... Wow...............
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Sublime/Sixpack

She's a cutie pie. Some people age well, some don't. She did!

I see some people in their mid-sixties that look to be in their early fifties, and others that look to be in their late seventies. Genetics play a big part but lifestyle makes a huge difference.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Old Moparz

Same thing with Vickie LaMotta, the wife of boxer Jake LaMotta. I remember seeing the issue when she posed for Playboy at the age of 50 & was absolutely gorgeous. I know photos get touched up, makeup is used, & cosmetic surgery happens, but they're still nice to look at. Probably very high maintenance, so I am glad I don't have to deal with them on a personal level.  :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

hemi-hampton

1969chargerrtse

She is adorable and looking good at 61. :icon_smile_tongue:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

derailed

Just watching the original longest yard last night with her. I always laugh at the part when Burt says to her "Nice hair.. Ever find any spiders in there?

nh_mopar_fan

She was pretty tasty in Pink Cadilliac with Eastwood too.