News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

photoshop petty blue

Started by charger_cody, May 04, 2009, 01:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_cody

Does anyone here know the hue/saturation for petty blue????

Cody

ds440

Cody, I took the scanned paint chips from MyMopar.com and took a look at their RGB (Red Green Blue) numbers.  The problem is that since this comes from a scan it is not going to be exact, but it should be close.

From the '73 Dodge codes:
Blue Streak: R44 G103 B169

To show you the variation, the '68 Corp Blue: R38 G92 B154.

As you can see there is a slight variation.  The reality is that you will never be able to completely duplicate the color in Photoshop because of screen resolution, highlights/lowlights on the car, etc.  But those numbers should get you close.

1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

Foreman72

hey ds...how u been these days?
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

charger_cody

Quote from: ds440 on May 04, 2009, 04:52:58 PM
Cody, I took the scanned paint chips from MyMopar.com and took a look at their RGB (Red Green Blue) numbers.  The problem is that since this comes from a scan it is not going to be exact, but it should be close.

From the '73 Dodge codes:
Blue Streak: R44 G103 B169

To show you the variation, the '68 Corp Blue: R38 G92 B154.

As you can see there is a slight variation.  The reality is that you will never be able to completely duplicate the color in Photoshop because of screen resolution, highlights/lowlights on the car, etc.  But those numbers should get you close.

:cheers: