News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trac-loc or True-Trac ?

Started by SFRT, May 02, 2009, 11:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFRT

NOT a Detroit locker or a spool...but...I am shopping up my new rear end and want to know if the Extra 400 clams for a Detroit True-Trac is worth it.

car currently has 405 RWHP, will be up to around 450-475 end of the summer. 4 speed car. heavy street use.

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

suntech

If you absolutly donĀ“t want locker, i would go with the true-track :2thumbs:
Locker is stronger though!
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

firefighter3931

Tru-Trac is stronger than a clutch style (trac loc/power loc) and quieter than a full locker....good choice for a mostly street car with a stick, inmo.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Ghoste

A buddy of mine is using a Tru-Trac behind his Cobra Jet car and he abuses it fairly hard.  Mind you its one of those light little Mustang go karts but all the same I'd have to agree with Ron.

NYCMille

I have detroit tru-trac units in both my Charger and Daytona. Both cars see drag, road and road course duty and the units have been great. Power is also similar to yours as well.