News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Going to VegasMikes for first start (cam break in) new 440 in his Charger.

Started by skip68, April 25, 2009, 10:11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

I've been helping Mike out with building his race car and his 68 charger motor swap for a few months now and today is the day.   I hope those heads are good Steve.   ;)   I do the grunt work because I'm not exactly the guy you want doing too much but that's OK.  I'll be running the camcorder, watching the gauge's and waiting for Mike to yell "SHUT IT OFF"  "SHUT IT OFF"   :icon_smile_big:    I'll get some pics and post them later.   :2thumbs:   These are cool moments, watching a new motor come to life.   Mikes Charger was set up for the track with 4.56 gears so it was not very street friendly.  It would run hot, so he couldn't drive it that much.   So, we put a new 440 he built in it that is more mild and should run cooler.  Next will come the gear swap I'm sure.  I'll let you all know how it goes when I get back.   Fingers are crossed.   :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Dans 68

Tell Mike good luck from me. And make sure you capture all the audio...should be fun to hear.  :icon_smile_wink: A cool way to spend a Saturday morning.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

MoparManJim

captnsim

CB

damn, wish I could be there too :icon_smile_blackeye:

I've seen Mike putting his 440 together.
We had to run down to the shop to get cam lube, remember Chuck? 
Wasn't included, go figure... :slap:

Wish Mike all the best with his project!

Have fun guys :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

jb666

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

vegasmike

so far so good ..had a little valve cover leak...ok a couple of times,but she is a runner

MoparManJim

Mrs.Skip68

done???? Hummm??? :scratchchin:  :scratchchin: Things happened over at Mikes regarding the car,..........Started out bad, ............ got better,...........got a little bad.  :'( :'( :'( :'( AND IT"S SKIP"S FAULT!!!!! :D (The little bad part)

How's that for a teaser??? :nana: And I have it on video and digital photos. (Don't know how to post the video though.... :brickwall:)

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

472 R/T SE

Mike, don't let Chuck fool ya', he's a brake & power steering expert.  ;)

I wanna hear that bad boy.

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

mikepmcs

Quote from: Mrs.Skip68 on April 25, 2009, 10:24:29 PM
And I have it on video and digital photos. (Don't know how to post the video though.... :brickwall:)
Mrs.Skip68 ;)

Lisa,
:wave:
easiest way to post the video is to upload it on youtube.  copy the url and post it here.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

firefighter3931

VegasMike is becoming quite the mechanic....good work Dude !  :2thumbs:

Waiting patiently for the uploaded video....hurry up Lisa !  :slap: :lol:

I'm sure it sounds sweet....the XE284 has a nice hot-rod lope to it.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Steve P.

Good job Mike. I understand it runs great.....    :2thumbs:

Now go drink a beer and clean up the mess....    HAHAHA........

:cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Steve P.

The Charger is back on the road and running great.    Mike has moved on to the 65' Coronet 500 race car... Lottttts of modifying to do on that car. Nothing is made for 62-65. You can't just pick up the phone and drop the Visa card.  :brickwall:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida