News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

lead addiitive necessary?

Started by mjwebb, May 01, 2009, 08:18:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjwebb

my 70 383 was just rebuilt, mildly...should I be running a lead addititive? thanks

Ghoste

If you can find it, sure but if you can't you are likely okay.  Did your mild rebuild include head work?  Did they put hardened inserts in the heads?  What heads are on there?

histoy

It's not necessary if you installed hardened exhaust valve seats.   My '64 had the old soft exhaust seats, so I used the CD2 additive for off road vehicles.  I bought it at Farm and Fleet. 

mjwebb

boy, was hoping for a yes/no answer :-)

I don't know the answer to any of those questions, just that it was very recently rebuilt...it runs super smooth and nice, definately feels and sounds like a stock engine, thanks

ITSA426

What heads are in it?  I put 452s on my son's car and they come with hardened seats.  Otherwise it's worth it to know if they've been installed.  Just be safe and run leaded racing gas.

mjwebb

everything was left original on the block, just the internal stuff was replaced