News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any tricks to get my door open?

Started by charger_cody, April 24, 2009, 06:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_cody

When i pull on the unlocker thing it pops up as if it was unlocked but it wont open.

Is there a trick to geting my door unlocked without breaking anything?

SuperCharger

I'm going to bet a rod is disconnected. your going to have to fish your way into the door by pulling the panel and looking to check for a rod that has come loose.

mikepmcs

Is there any resistance when you pull the lock knob??  I agree that a rod could be off.  It is also possible that the latch itself is just sticking.  My 74 Duster appears to not unlatch when I push the button in but if I pull on it real hard the door will open with no sound/clicking or anything.  My latch is worn out.

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

charger_cody

ok i got it open, but you have to give quite abit of tug. Yes there is some resistance when i pull the unlocker. How do i fix the rod?

Cody

Back N Black

Do you have a key for the door? might want to try the key if you have one. Does it do the same from the inside door handle?

charger_cody

Quote from: Back N Black on April 24, 2009, 07:37:43 PM
Do you have a key for the door? might want to try the key if you have one. Does it do the same from the inside door handle?

No i got the door open. When i pull it to unlock it, it has tension. How do i fix the rod to where it doesnt have tension?

Rolling_Thunder

i'll bet your door sags ?  if it does it will almost bind when closed on the lock mechanism
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

69bronzeT5

Screw door locks! Go in the windows!!! :icon_smile_big:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

bk72

jump in the window!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11thsfgrp

I had the same problem and my body man found that the rubber bushing to the latch to the door handle was bad (flat) on one side. He turned the bushing around and I've had no problems since.Good luck.... :2thumbs:

charger_cody

Quote from: 11thsfgrp on May 04, 2009, 11:10:25 AM
I had the same problem and my body man found that the rubber bushing to the latch to the door handle was bad (flat) on one side. He turned the bushing around and I've had no problems since.Good luck.... :2thumbs:

Can you give me a pic please????

11thsfgrp

I'll see what I can do....It's actually on the door handle where it attaches to the mechanism itself.