News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My OTHER Duster. The Gold Duster

Started by C_stripes, May 02, 2009, 09:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C_stripes

Hey everyone, as I mentioned in my other thread. I ended up getting that 73 Gold Duster out of Idaho, I just thought I would give you all a little update.
Sunday, April 26 2009
As found.

Wednesday, April 29 2009
The pickup.

Thursday, April 30 2009
Before clean up.

Friday, May 1 2009
Bleeding brakes and killing brown recluse's.

Saturday, May 2 2009
Lots of different things.

What do you all think? Those are 16x8 wheels.  :icon_smile_big:
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

mikepmcs

Fronts look way too big, to me.  Nice score!!!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

69bronzeT5

How did the interior manage to stay so clean? My instrument cluster, the "chrome" is almost completely gone. :popcrn:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

WingCharger

69bronzeT5

Oh hey, got another question. You have any doubts about the electrical? That's one thing that's been bugging me with mine. All looks good to me but :shruggy:

C_stripes

Mine has sat in a garage for the last 15 years. Thats why the interior isn't to bad. Plus I think the dust might have helped. lol

Not to worried about the wiring, more worried about the Brown Recluse spiders that were crawling around the engine compartment when I was looking at the wiring. You don't want to mess with those.

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: C_stripes on May 02, 2009, 09:52:26 PM
Mine has sat in a garage for the last 15 years. Thats why the interior isn't to bad. Plus I think the dust might have helped. lol

Not to worried about the wiring, more worried about the Brown Recluse spiders that were crawling around the engine compartment when I was looking at the wiring. You don't want to mess with those.

Those spiders do some serious damage. Where did the car come from?
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

C_stripes

Just south of Pocatello, ID.  So far I have seen three live ones and evidence of several more. Plus, they are fairly common around here. They love old cars. My 65 Coronet wagon has a few living in it too. But the Duster shouldn't anymore. We killed the three we found. Their cool little spiders though. I hate to kill them.

Mr.Woolery

Sounds like you need to fumigate the car just to be sure.  Park it over top of a Raid fogger (under the engine bay) and let it blast the car.  Watch dead spiders sprinkle the driveway.
-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

69*F5*SE

Nice Duster.  Those spider sare gonna get ya.   :icon_smile_big:

BigBlackDodge

'The Brown Recluse'.................that would be a great name for the car!

BBD

Brock Samson

yes cool car and a great name! I love it.
With the proper wheel tire combo that would so sweet...
i have such fond mammeries of racing around the Great Hwy. in Crazy Freds' powder Blue and white Gold Duster, that car would really book.  :yesnod:

moparsons

Off the subject....that dakota tow okay? I've been considering one, but didn't know if they could handle that sort of duty.

C_stripes

It does okay, but mopar transmissions suck. Plus the cruise sticks on it. We were cruising down the highway and he set the cruise at 60. Next thing we know we are doing 85. I wouldn't buy a dakota personally. But they are alright.

69bronzeT5

We had a 2002 Dakota Sport 4x4 quad cab. Those things were known for transmission problems. Our's took a while to shift. You'd floor it and it would go but then almost bog down (best word for it?) before shifting.

FlatbackFanatic

Nice car.....but I would put a little smaller wheels on the front, its your car do with it what you want. :2thumbs:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

tan top

nice duster , looks pretty original & straight  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

C_stripes

Quote from: FlatbackFanatic on May 03, 2009, 04:52:39 PM
Nice car.....but I would put a little smaller wheels on the front, its your car do with it what you want. :2thumbs:
I agree. The front tires are a little tall. But I am on a strict budget and I only had $500 total to spend. I paid $375 for the car and gave my friend $25 in fuel to haul it. That left me with $100. My friend owed me for selling his 72 charger a little wile back, thats how I got the wheels. The tires are out of the tire bin at work. I have spent about 25+ hours of my time working on it. The Master cylinder came from a friend. So that leaves me with $100 to get a new oil pressure sending unit (leaks) and some new light bulbs. The oil change will only cost me for a filter and then I can register it. As you see the car with the wheels and everything on it. I am only into it $400 plus time so far. So I am not going to complain that the front tires are a little tall.

oldcarnut

Quote from: C_stripes on May 02, 2009, 09:52:26 PM

My RR has Black Widow egg sacs all over it.  Don't know how old they are but it's a little distracting to have them hanging everywhere you turn when your under the car.  :eek2:  That interior does look nice.

Manfred318

Sweet Duster :drool5: Its pretty much identical to mine except mine has a full vinyl top and side moldings instead of the decals.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.